Conditions plugin

17 years 9 months ago #17106 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
The development versions are available at my server. See my signature. If the server is offline, try back later.

mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 9 months ago #17107 by dpk
Replied by dpk on topic Re:Conditions plugin
thanks--I did eventually notice that. :blush:

17 years 9 months ago #17115 by ralex
Replied by ralex on topic Re:Conditions plugin
welcome back miko...

17 years 9 months ago #17365 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Mikko,
This looks like a great plugin. I would love to get this to work on my site like it is working on yours.

I installed the plugin, I have version 1.0 RC2. In the database I created one condition for cb_test with the value of 'A'.
cb_test is a select with 'A' and 'B'. I also created two other test fields with the conditionID of my condition in both #_comprofiler_fields and #_comprofiler_field_values.

Both are showing all of the options before I have even selected anything in my cb_test field during registration. Also, do the fields need to be required? Or does it not matter? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I would love to get this working.

Thank you so much for you help and hard work - I think that this is a very beneficial plugin for Community Builder!

stephen

Post edited by: stephen, at: 2006/07/19 18:55

17 years 9 months ago #17366 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
You need to install a patch to your CB. See earlier this thread, read the readme file that is in the plugin zip-file or download modified comprofiler.html.php from my downloads site.

mikko

17 years 9 months ago #17375 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Mikko: In a previous post a user identified that both in the patch, and in the modified comprofiler.html.php that is on your site, there is one crucial line of code missing.

<?php $_PLUGINS->loadPluginGroup('user');

This has not been updated in the files that you offer for download...without this the plugin will definetely not work.

Anyway FYI i still haven't been able to make the plugin work.

Both combo boxes are loaded with all the options, and nothing changes when i select an option from the first one.

One question: In the instructions you provide you say:

"2) Edit conditionid column in the field OR option table
Got to table #__comprofiler_fields OR #__comprofiler_field_values and modify the conditionid column. Change this column to the previously written down id for all those fields and options that you wish to become visible when the previously defined condition is true. Note that you can define only one condition for one row and that row (field or option) is visible only when the condition is true."

What confuses me is that you say OR. How do we decide which of the two?

Cheers,
NiCo

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.795 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn