Official CB Public Mail thread

12 years 5 months ago #179901 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
I am not sure as this is a new and third situation.

Start by checking if it works if you "remove" (add // infront of lines) the two similar str_replace lines 169 and 218 in the file \components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbpublicmail\publicmail.php.

If this does not work we should assume that send mails in HTML format, perhaps need to change the "rn" to <br>. This is done with "nl2br" - php.net/manual/en/function.nl2br.php
You need to change the two mentioned lines above to:
$mailtext = nl2br($mailtext, false);

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacJoomla

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #179906 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
Hello and thank you for your fast answer!!

your hints were not doing the trick but got me in right direction. After all and thinking about, i did following:

I commented lines 168 and 217 out, adding // infront of lines. So in next line the slashes may be there and can be replaced alltogether. So far my logic of a non programmer. I am happy, it works :) Other way, may be you did think of a line before. Then that it was ;)

Best wishes, Macjoomla

11 years 9 months ago #201625 by martinmg
Replied by martinmg on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
Hi,

Thank's for a nice component. Is is possible to change the sender of the e-mail to a site specific e-mail address and use the logged in users address as the reply to address? It would be nice to have this as an option to prevent e-mails from beeing classified as spam.

11 years 9 months ago #201694 by Kampp
It is a good idea. I will include this in a future release.

For now you need to change the code in order for it to work. Is is not a too big of a job as you should only need to change the params/code in the function where the emails is sent from.

11 years 9 months ago #202112 by ojeysky
Replied by ojeysky on topic Re: Official CB Public Mail thread
I have installed this plugin but i am yet to find out how a guest user will see for the registered contact. Basically what i need is a plugin that will enable non-registered users view my registered user profile details and also send them email. From my readings, it looks like this is the right plugin but i can't just understand how and where the guest user will get the names from. Here is my site demo.fuoye.edu.ng

11 years 9 months ago #202114 by Kampp
You have found the right plugin :-)

I am not sure if I understand your question. The contact form is visible on each profile page. It can be placed pretty much anywhere on a profile, including the tabs.

If I understand your question right the problem is that you have not set the CB config to allow anyone to view profiles. The default setting is only registred users can view profiles.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn