Official CB Public Mail thread

8 years 11 months ago #261766 by mk3
Replied by mk3 on topic Official CB Public Mail thread
Thank's for your reply!
Can you recommend something else, I mean I need an e-mail form on the profile of each user, so guests can write e-mail to that user (the guest thinks that he sends the e-mail to the user, but in reality the e-mail receiver is the site administrator)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #261767 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Official CB Public Mail thread
I can't think of anything like that. But the fact that everything goes to the same email gives you the option of creating it as a separate (any) module on the side or below. There are many of these...

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

8 years 11 months ago #261768 by mk3
You mean it's possible to find something same to your's CB Public Mail in Internet? (Cause I don't have the skills of a developer, sometimes I can make little changes in the code but that's all... In fact I've tried to modify your code to make it send to only one receiver, but if this plugin doesen't work with CB 2.x.x - tere's no more sense to try that...)

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #261769 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Official CB Public Mail thread
The point is that the module you are seeking is not a CB plugin. Any joomla contact module can work. There are many of these in the extenstions.joomla.org. This is a possible solution as long as you only need it to send to one user for all CB profiles.You only to modify the template a bit perhaps. So any of these might do the trick:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension?searchall=&filter[tags][]=&filter[core_catid]=51&filter[includes]=mod&filter[versions]=&filter[type]=&filter[hasdemo]=&order=&filter[newupdated]=&filter[score]=&filter[favourites]=&dir=DESC&limitstart=0&controller=filter&view=extension&layout=list&Itemid=145&clearorders=0&clearfilters=1

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #261770 by mk3
Thank's for the idea! I will try to insert a contact form as a module on user's profiles. Maybe one more important question...
I need that the receiver (the admin) would know who is the concerned user on who's profile is this contact module (on Thomas's profile the receiver get's the e-mail saying that it's about Thomas, on Maria's profile - it's Maria and so on...)
As I understand I have to modify the code in order to access the Database and retrieve the user's name and ID, so that the admin knows which user is concerned in the e-mail? Is it possible to get recommendations how this little piece of code would look like?

7 years 7 months ago #285101 by Sven
Replied by Sven on topic Official CB Public Mail thread
Hi
Long time without activity.
Any chance you are considering updating the plugin. CB compålains its outdated, but it does work.
I would really appreciate support for the modern reCaptcha (not CB variant).

Cheers

Sven

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn