Avatar Gallery (was Avatar Matrix) beta released

17 years 1 month ago #33708 by Raj
There are no exact steps. Whether the avatars wrap depends on the width of your column and whether two avatars can fit side-by-side.

I suggest you use View Source and look at the HTML code generated by the matrix. Then tweak the width, margins, or padding of div#AvatarMatrix-TileCSS , since this operates as the container for each avatar and its data.

Raj

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2007/03/17 17:39

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #33710 by mediaguru
Wait, I think I'm closer. Now it's working as I mess with the CSS.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

17 years 1 month ago #33740 by sstark

Do you need the multiple [value] thingies to appear in the same query?

yes right now I need 3 [value]'s, but in the future I could need up to 5

StevenStark.com - Work | Smart-Love.ca - Dating

17 years 1 month ago #33741 by Raj
So you want to do something like display doctors in Los Angeles to other doctors in Los Angeles? Or, display females to other females in Chicago? These would each require two [value] thingies.

Having three would mean cutting your userbase pretty thin, I would think. You'd need a lot of users, but maybe you have a lot of users.

Raj

17 years 1 month ago #33746 by sstark

So you want to do something like display doctors in Los Angeles to other doctors in Los Angeles? Or, display females to other females in Chicago? These would each require two [value] thingies.

Having three would mean cutting your userbase pretty thin, I would think. You'd need a lot of users, but maybe you have a lot of users.

My site is Smart-Love.ca/users and I am using your matrix to display my user base.

Register a user, and edit your profile. Go in the settings tab and change the gender , distance and online only settings (filters), you will see these effect the top avatar scroller, and the sex filter is currently applied to the avatar matrix using this SQL:

SELECT u.username, u.id, u.registerDate, c.user_id, c.avatar, c.cb_gender, c.cb_maritualstatus, c.cb_city, c.country_list, c.banned, c.cb_onlysex FROM #__comprofiler AS c, #__users AS u WHERE c.banned=0 AND (u.id = c.user_id) AND (([value] = 'both') OR ([value] = '') OR ([value] is NULL) OR ([value] = c.cb_gender)) ORDER BY u.registerDate DESC

maybe that will help you understand what it is I am doing here??

Post edited by: sstark, at: 2007/03/17 21:46

StevenStark.com - Work | Smart-Love.ca - Dating

17 years 1 month ago #33747 by Raj
Sweet....glad you were able to put the module to good use. When I built in that [value] functionality, I didn't know if anyone would really bother. I'm glad it's been helpful. I'll try to expand the number of [value] options for the next version.

Raj

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn