XSPF Player

17 years 6 months ago #22277 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:XSPF Player
I'm seeing some problems with this plug in (though I think its a GREAT step in a good direction)

For some reason, my playlist isnt streaming audio, though the playlist url and the list itself is set up correctly. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but I would love to see an included tutorial, and demo playlist and music link included so people can see how to set this up. There are people (as strange as it may sound) who dont know how to set these things up

What is so hard to set these thing up? If you know how the XSPF works then it should not be a problem for you to use it. I dont need to include a file to teach how to to make a XSPF file. Its the user responsibility to learn it by themself. My jobs is to fix the bugs that this plugin have...

I will be happy to include the tutorial, demo playlist and music link if this plugin receive a cool responses from the community. But there is no way I will include the tutorial how to make a XSPF file

On uninstall, SQL info is left in the tables, so it requires a manual deletion for reinstall (If something happens during installation)

If I include the file that will automatically delete the SQL info then it will be hard for webmaster to update to the new version. The user also have to re-put their XSPF url. HAve you check other CB plugins? Most of the plugins keep the SQL info after it was deleted...

For the future....

Given the fact Joomla 1.5 will include FTP functionality right out of the box, I would like to see users be able to uploard music and have their playlists automatically generate to do away with coding it by hand.

This is just a normal XSPF player which onlys play a XSPF file. If you want to see the advance features that like the one that u stated above, maybe you check out this thread www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,3991/catid,13/ . They can fulfill your needs.

My plugin is suitable for webmaster who dont want to allow their member to upload thier superb mp3 files to the website. Try to imagine for a website that has 10gb hard disk while they have more than 5000 members who upload 1 set of playlist which is 10mb in size. Try to think about the bandwidth too...

I would also like to see the playlist centered in the tab to give it a more professional look and feel.

That feature will be add in the next version. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks again for the comments.

Post edited by: kn0w3r, at: 2006/10/08 17:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn