Feed2JS plugin

17 years 11 months ago #13670 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Thank you guys. B)

Pateta12 this is answers to your questions

- Yes it is "personalized" for each person. You can put your own city weather by edit your profile

- I will try to work on that later

Thanks again for supporting me :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #13799 by isara
Replied by isara on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
The weather and news plug-ins are a great addition to CB. I have a web portal site and a lot of visitors would love to be able to click on their profile link and get the latest news and weather. Sure beats showing RSS feeds that you hope they want to read.

Let me know if you need any help or suggestions for improving the rss feed and weather plug-in. You're in Malaysia (i think) and I'm just north of you in Thailand. So we're in the same timezone. :)

Here's just a few things to keep in mind.

- Can you connect to weather.com instead of MSN? Or make it an option for those who don't want to take from Microsoft any more than they have to. :)

- Allow multiple feeds listed on the same page.

- Allow the user (or in the backend) decide how many news headlines to show.

- Maybe have the news and weather plug-in be connected so they are under the same tab. The news listed on the left and the weather in a box at the top right. Just a thought.

Good luck and thanks for all your hard work. Can't wait to see the result.
Isara

Isara.com :: Where your clicks matter and you make a difference.

17 years 10 months ago #13883 by kn0w3r
Yeah im from Malaysia. :D

-I will try looking at it after i finish all my projects and the rss feed plugin.

-Going to implement it for the next release

-Isnt this same as the question above? :D

-Nice idea. I will try to implement it for the next release

17 years 10 months ago #14025 by isara
Replied by isara on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Thanks.

lol :) Those two suggestions do sound the same, but they are a little different. The first is about allowing multiple rss feeds, whereas the second is talking about how many headlines (from each feed) are shown. Right now I think it shows all headlines from the feed. That's a lot of news. Some people would prefer only the top 5 headlines. So with these two suggestions you could have 3 different feeds, each showing 5 different headlines. :) That would be cool! :)

Thanks again for all you work. Good luck.
Isara

Post edited by: isara, at: 2006/05/27 05:54

Isara.com :: Where your clicks matter and you make a difference.

17 years 10 months ago #14031 by sdhiphop
Replied by sdhiphop on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Different feeds and limiting the amount of headlines you get would be kool.

17 years 10 months ago #15377 by kn0w3r
Feed2JS 1.0 Released :D

You can get it at kn0w3r.xhydro.net/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,2/Itemid,42/ . Look at the first page for more information or the changelog :D

- Can you connect to weather.com instead of MSN? Or make it an option for those who don't want to take from Microsoft any more than they have to.
Sry I made the Simple MSN Weather plugin for fun and trying to make it as simple as I can. I released the Simple MSN weather plugin I hope people like it as it is :D

- Allow multiple feeds listed on the same page.
I think is bad if you allow the multiple feed listed on the same page because you have allowed HTML on the backend it will takes time for the page to load. To do that I have to make a RSS feed that only show the simple items. Im still thinking whether I should use the code from forge.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/do/viewProject/projects.ajax_rss_reader_with_draggable_d and change it as a CB plugin :whistle:

- Maybe have the news and weather plug-in be connected so they are under the same tab. The news listed on the left and the weather in a box at the top right. Just a thought.
Sry i think its not a good idea to put the weather and the rss feed in the same tab because some ppl dont like the weather plugin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn