Feed2JS plugin

17 years 5 months ago #23577 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Brow3000 wrote:

Looking good. :)

I have a problem using this and not sure if anyone could help me out or not.

I am using an rss link like this:
rss.api.ebay.com/ws/rssapi?FeedName=MemberBlog&memberid=summerlivingdirect

...and its giving me errors like this:
[code:1]ERROR
ERROR

* published date n/a
Internal error to the application. (10007) «details»[/code:1]

I have tried different rss links and they work...so is there any work around with this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Post edited by: Brow3000, at: 2006/10/16 22:18

I tried to use the rss link that you stated above and I get the same problem. Maybe the rss file is not so valid and causing the problem (I think so or maybe im wrong)

Also, is there a way to adjust the cache time as well?

There is a way to set the cache time but I forget how. I will try to have a look at it once I have some free time.

Great plugin, kn0w3r,

Using Mambo 4.5.3h and CB 1.0.1, Feed2js installation went fine and feeds are displayed correctly in the tab.

However, at the bottom of the tab, it displays the URL of the feed. Is this normal?

Looking at the screenshot of the output in your original post, I don't see any feed URL at the bottom of the tab.

Thanks zen. Its great that to see that you like the plugin although it sux alot :D

Have you try to view the original rss file? Maybe they included the link inside it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #23589 by zen
Replied by zen on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Here's the feed I used:

feeds.feedburner.com/TheGlobeAndMail-Front

I also tried a few others which did not have any URLs in them, but I still received an output of the URL.right underneath the feed output.

titlecell for this field in question is labeled as 'URL;'

17 years 2 months ago #29971 by elgrillo
Replied by elgrillo on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
This is great!!!

Thank you!!

Anyway to have two "tabs" with differnt RSS feeds?

Can I use the plug in for multiple feeds?

Thanks!

16 years 7 months ago #44370 by doctorlife
Replied by doctorlife on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Please,

What I'm looking for is to be able to show as a CB user Tab an RSS info picked from another site and/or component

Looking around I found this topic, but really don't understand if this is what I'm looking for and where follow the plugin development. Please, Do anyone can help me ?

Can it work also if I yet installed on my joomla this extension extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,64/Itemid,35/ ?

I posted a new topic here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,13/id,44369/#44369

many Thanks

16 years 2 months ago #55423 by sparks13
Replied by sparks13 on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
The tab is not showing up for me either after installing it as a cb plugin and publishing it. I haven't noticed an "XML Parsing Error at 42:25. Error 4: not well-formed (invalid token)" just under Parameters when I edit the tab from Tab Management. Any ideas what's wrong?

15 years 8 months ago #69884 by Switch
Replied by Switch on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Ok, so this plugin no longer installs at all. At least not on J1.5.

kn0w3r hasn't been to this site in over 9 months so I can only assume he has stopped support for the plugin?

Has anyone considered updating this plugin so that it works? The ability to include feeds on a profile would be awesome.

I'll take a look, but my knowledge of php and xml aren't great so I'm not promising anything. If anyone else wants to take a look please do!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn