Feed2JS plugin

18 years 1 month ago #7801 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
great plugin! This was on my list of things to do.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7829 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Thanks guys. Feed2JS 0.2 released. Check the first post for more information. By the way, Trail do you mind if I use your plugins thread as the template for my plugin thread :P

17 years 10 months ago #13459 by isara
Replied by isara on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
This is a great plugin! But some comments:

1) Instead of just one rss feed is there a hack that can have the user enter 2 or 3? The feeds would still be located in the same tab, they would just be stacked vertically. This would be useful to members because they could see top news stories, entertainment, and sports stories all in the same place.

2) Is there a setting so we can adjust the number of headlines to display? I've got it set to Yahoo Entertainment news feed and it's listing about 12 stories and most of them are the same stories repeated again and again.

That's it for this great rss plug-in. The next comment is just a suggestion for a new plug-in.

3) Now that we've got news, is there any chance someone is making a local weather plug-in (user enters their zip code and it pulls data from weather.com)? That would really make portal sites more customizable. :)

Thanks CB team and members.
Isara

Isara.com :: Where your clicks matter and you make a difference.

17 years 10 months ago #13547 by kn0w3r
Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Thanks for using my plugin.

1 & 2 . Im going to rework this plugin after i finish some of my work. Im going to make it load faster and maybe better than before. Please give me few more days so that I can rework with this plugin
3. Maybe you can try to check out my small MSN Weather plugin at www.xhydro.net or you can see it in action at www.xhydro.net/html/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,63/

17 years 10 months ago #13622 by pateta12
Replied by pateta12 on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
kn0w3r wrote:

3. Maybe you can try to check out my small MSN Weather plugin at www.xhydro.net or you can see it in action at www.xhydro.net/html/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/user,63/

Nice looking plugin :woohoo: kn0w3r.
I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer:
- Is the weather "personalized" for each person or will it be just for the "website's city"?
- Can you add the name of the city next to the weather?
- How did you add the tabs inside the profile tab?

Thanks,

17 years 10 months ago #13637 by dsendecki
Replied by dsendecki on topic Re:Feed2JS plugin
Awesome -- I use the Feed2js plugin -- its one of my favourite plugins by far! Thanks for it -- can't wait to see what improvments you come up with!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn