Import Invites - Component + Plugins

17 years 7 months ago #20016 by chris.n
Replied by chris.n on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin

Question for DJTrail: Does your component provides a solution to invite someone who has not a Google, Yahoo, MSN account? I will love to use the same invitation process (connexion, karma...) with a professional email. If it is not planned, we still can use the Recommand component but the connexion is not automatic.

I found the answer of this question by visiting www.humangels.com. Good point. This component is perfect for my need. Just have to mait for the release :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #20021 by accxess
Replied by accxess on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
DJ Trail, It's been some time since an update for this componenet for CB. I and several other have requested the details of when we can expect it as we are eagerly awaiting it.

Whilst I am happy to pay the price for such a componenet I am wondering if it will be immenent or we should be looking at other ways to impliment these scripts into the site. It will make a big difference to many sites i run or plan to run.

We know it works (by the demo website) just would like an update so we know what to.

Thanks in advance.

Post edited by: accxess, at: 2006/09/01 11:14

Post edited by: accxess, at: 2006/09/02 17:53

----
Mark - www.accxess.com
Every new beginning is some other new beginnings end.

17 years 7 months ago #20077 by gavin
Replied by gavin on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
Hi to all interested parties,

we have all been waiting for this component for over 4 months now, we are all willing to pay for it.

Since we haven't heard from Trail for at least a month about the progress of the component, what I propose is that we band our resources together and get it done professionally.

We want it, we need it for our current sites and sites in development. So why don't we put our money where our needs are. We could get it developed and then release it as public licenese with us as the "sponsors" with our links being displayed on every other site that uses the component.

What do you think?

Gavin.

17 years 7 months ago #20079 by rswennen
Replied by rswennen on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
Guys,

give Trail a break. We just had 2 months of summer period and it's only a few days ago this discussion topic revived again. Don't forget last week were probably quite busy for the Joomla and CB guys, there was one security upgrade after the other.

So let's give Trail some time (maybe he's on vacation) to respond what the status of this component is.

Rohnny

Post edited by: rswennen, at: 2006/09/02 16:58

17 years 7 months ago #20082 by accxess
Replied by accxess on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
rswennen wrote:

Guys, give Trail a break. So let's give Trail some time (maybe he's on vacation) to respond what the status of this component is.

I appreciate there maybe holidays or other priorities, however it takes but a moment to update us all on the status.

It's not much to ask seeing as this is a "commercial" plugin thats being/been developed.

No news is not good news, I'd like to think he is taking development seriously, if not just let us know so we can move on or find other ways to make it happen.

----
Mark - www.accxess.com
Every new beginning is some other new beginnings end.

17 years 7 months ago #20111 by micoots
Replied by micoots on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
Hi Gavin,

gavin wrote:

Hi to all interested parties,

we have all been waiting for this component for over 4 months now, we are all willing to pay for it.

Since we haven't heard from Trail for at least a month about the progress of the component, what I propose is that we band our resources together and get it done professionally.

We want it, we need it for our current sites and sites in development. So why don't we put our money where our needs are. We could get it developed and then release it as public licenese with us as the "sponsors" with our links being displayed on every other site that uses the component.

What do you think?

Gavin.

I don't mind paying or contributing to something as long as it remains **Open Source**. I avoid closed source software like the plague as it takes away users freedoms.

Advertising banners etc are cool as project sponsors, or we could provide a "pay $xx to download" type facility so we can get back the money we spent in contributions (and then when we've recouped our funds, allow completely free downloads for all in the community).

I've done this before with other Open Source software and am ok to do it again. Even if it means thousands of dollars, that's ok with me as we get it back anyway.

Michael.

Post edited by: micoots, at: 2006/09/03 05:30

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn