How do i display a certain field from registration

13 years 6 months ago #144080 by 41global
Hello,

I have created a drop down list(single select) that has 3 choices for folks to choose which membership they want to be, i basically want to be able to have a link on my page for each membership where visitors can simply find each member that is apart of each membership that, for example i might have a 5 people that join under the name sport in the registration part, i would want to have a link on my page that says sports members and displays all sports members of the site.....is there an extension for this or some code i could use to pull this information from the database?

Thanks N Advance,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144082 by nant
Suggest you use this field you created as a filter in a CB User list.

13 years 6 months ago #144088 by 41global
Hey Nick, thanks for quick response, i am at the spot where i add the new list but i am very confused on the filters and everything on this page, not sure if i need to add the 3 options here or what.....would the sql field type plugin work for what i am trying to do?? I have it installed but not sure what i need to do to make this work. Just simply trying to get 3 links created to display 3 different groups which are chosen by members at registration.

Thanks N Advance

Post edited by: 41global, at: 2010/10/15 04:44

13 years 6 months ago #144099 by nant
You need to create the CB field first.

Then create 3 user lists each filtering against one of the drop-down values you added to the CB field.

The documentation subscription will help you if you cannot figure things out with the above guidance.

13 years 6 months ago #144128 by 41global
Thanks NIck, the problem i am having is at the bottom where the filtering goes on, none of the 3 options are being displayed for me to chose to filter. Is that a website error? Keep getting object expected when i am clicking the add button....where it says sort by none of the 3 options are being displayed after i chose the membership field i created with the 3 options as shown in screenshot here 41global.com/screenshot.jpg Thanks so much Nick

Post edited by: 41global, at: 2010/10/15 16:51

Post edited by: 41global, at: 2010/10/15 16:52

13 years 6 months ago #144139 by krileon
None of the values will be displayed. You need to select the field under the Name drop-down then select how you want it to match such as Equal To then you manually input the value and add it as a filter. If the field you're using is a multi-select you'll need to use LIKE and have %value% in order for a proper match.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn