Migrate to new server

13 years 4 months ago #146687 by cellington
Migrate to new server was created by cellington
We are migrating our Joomla/CB/CBSubs to a new server. We've just done a completely fresh install of Joomla (from 1.5.11 on old to 1.5.22 on new)

We have many members + subscription plans, payments, history etc in the old server, using older versions of CBSubs (1.0.2) and CB (1.2.1)

The new server will have CB 1.2.3 and CBSubs 1.0.3. I've checked the FAQ, the Docs, and I've searched the forum for "data migration", "move to a new server" and "upgrade to a new server" and didn't find anything - so here I am.

Is there a migration/upgrade path? Is there a tool (I've seen references to CBJuice) that you'd recommend to get all of the subscription and payment information into the new setup?

Because of MANY mods to the old system, I cannot upgrade prior to moving :(

I read the announcements about your server move in 2006 - I'd like our move to be as prepped and as smooth as yours seemed to be.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Migrate to new server
CB Juice (not developed by us) can move your users. Using CBSubs Import feature you can re-import users subscriptions. We don't really have an official migration guide, it's a painstaking process that'll probably a take a month or longer depending on size of the site. You'll need to move some items with Joomla migration tools, some with CB Juice, some via CBSubs Import and some with direct database export/import.

You do not need to migrate at all if you're just moving hosts. If you're moving from Joomla 1.0.x to Joomla 1.5.x then can understand the migration. Otherwise just export your entire database with phpmyadmin and import at your new host. Then FTP upload your entire site and re-configure your configuration.php to match your new host.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146800 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Migrate to new server
If you are on Joomla 1.5 on both servers then the easiest way would be to upgrade your existing environment to latest Joomla/CB/CBSubs and then use Akeeba backup/restore process.

13 years 4 months ago #146837 by cellington
Replied by cellington on topic Re:Migrate to new server

nant said...
easiest way would be to upgrade your existing environment to latest Joomla/CB/CBSubs

Because of MANY mods to the old system, I cannot upgrade prior to moving :(

krileon said...
Otherwise just export your entire database with phpmyadmin and import at your new host.

We are making a number of significant changes to the new site, so we don't want all of the old Joomla tables

So here's potentially the solution:
Are all CB tables marked as __comprofiler and all CBSubs tables and marked as __cbsubs ? If so, moving that particular set of tables is a breeze :)

Are there other tables/data within tables we'll need to move/migrate as well?

Post edited by: cellington, at: 2010/11/23 02:22

13 years 4 months ago #146884 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Migrate to new server

Because of MANY mods to the old system, I cannot upgrade prior to moving

Duplicate your site to a sub-folder or sub-domain, upgrade it, then clean up, and move as necessary. Should be relatively painless. Especially if existing install is already J1.5.x.

Are all CB tables marked as __comprofiler and all CBSubs tables and marked as __cbsubs ?

Yes.

If so, moving that particular set of tables is a breeze

Not if you import your users with CB Juice or any other import method other then direct database transfer (phpmyadmin export/import) as your User IDs will no longer match up.

Are there other tables/data within tables we'll need to move/migrate as well?

For CB? Of course, you'll need your ACL and _users tables as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #150935 by jered@saverexpress.com
Replied by jered@saverexpress.com on topic Re:Migrate to new server
I hope you guys dont mind the revival of this thread.
but wonder, will in the future CBsubs and CB allow a "import Export" feature to import all plans?

It is really a thedious job to make long assed plans, then find that you need to change of version (of joomla) because the current one doesnt support something your boss wants.
and then bang!... having to migrate everything manually hurts.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn