Email problem

13 years 3 months ago #150660 by mauderific
Email problem was created by mauderific
Hi !

On front-end, when I look into a profile, and try to click "send a message" [Field using the email type], if i'm not logged in, i can't send a message to the user, is there a way to send an email to a user even if you're not connected and protect the email against spam ?

Thans

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150690 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Email problem
The email form is only accessible to users logged in. Users can protect the email field using our CB Privacy plugin available to Advanced subscribers. This would allow your users to determine who may or may not see the email field. As for the form it self you'll likely need to develop a new integration or plugin to protect the form as CB Privacy strictly protects the fields visibility.

Users are limited to I believe 10 emails pre/hour or day, can't recall as an anti-spam measure. With CB Captcha (available to advanced subscribers) installed you'd also have captcha to help against spamming.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds