Own Language-File

13 years 8 months ago #138414 by patsi
Own Language-File was created by patsi
Hello,

i have translate my own language file to german - STYRIAN. i'm going to make an special community for styria in austria :) Thats all OK, but i don't know how to change the language with joomfish automaticly.

On my page i have 3 language, they all user can change it in frontend - english, german and styrian. All Joomla Core language files are changed, but not CB.

What i must do for this problem?
When i change to english or german, the whole site is in the right language, but not when i change it into styrian language.

The joomla core language file calls de-ST.php, and the same is in CB language file and folder.

I hope you understand me and my problem. Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks and Greets
Patrick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146698 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Own Language-File
Hm a little bit late to answer, does the issue persists?
I guess, it can't work in this form.

The joomla core language file calls de-ST.php, and the same is in CB language file and folder.

But the joomla core language files for german are de-DE.ini and in CB language file and folder, they are NOT de-De, but german (folder), german.xml and german.php.

Maybe this are international norms (don't know exactly), everywhere and always it is de-DE.ini and is called in programs german, same for France: fr-FR -> french and so on.

This is, where CB looks for: What language is set in Joomla, and if the same language file exists for CB it uses this language, in the other case it uses the default language = english.

And Joomla needs the ini files de-DE. I did never use joomfish, but I guess there are also needed ini files (joomla language) to work.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn