Add column to User Manager

13 years 9 months ago #137622 by webcitz.com
Add column to User Manager was created by webcitz.com
Hello,

It appears the coding is quite different in the 1.2.3 version for file /administrator/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.controller.html.php and /administrator/com_comprofiler/admin.comprofiler.html.html.php.

What I'm trying to do is add a few extra columns into the User Manager page, which I had setup previously on 1.2.2. However, since the code does not look the same and I can't even find the appropriate code block, I decided to ask the experts here at the forum!

Is there any chance that someone could point me in the right direction? I'm not even able to find the code that pulls up the default columns for the output.

-Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137696 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add column to User Manager
We don't support core edits so can't advise you on that matter, but it is doable using a new CB plugin and available CB triggers (same method CBSubs uses). I recommend reviewing tutorials within my signature for trigger information in a new CB plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146653 by znewsome
Replied by znewsome on topic Re:Add column to User Manager
Dave,

I am looking to do the same thing and the "triggers" thing is way over my head. Did you find a solution to add new columns to the user manager in 1.2.3?

Zack

13 years 4 months ago #146774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add column to User Manager
znewsome wrote:

Dave,

I am looking to do the same thing and the "triggers" thing is way over my head. Did you find a solution to add new columns to the user manager in 1.2.3?

Zack

There is no correct solution for adding columns aside from a plugin. Please see tutorials within my signature for trigger usage information. You can also review any of the many existing plugins for plugin structure and/or trigger examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn