[#1999] Registration text affects field locations

13 years 6 months ago #142805 by kwoychesko
Replied by kwoychesko on topic Re:Registration text affects field locations
Okay, I installed a vanilla Joomla 1.5.20 (not even any sample starter data) on a brand new database, then immediately installed only the CB 1.2.3 comprofiler and login modules. No templates, add-ons, etc. Vanilla.

And I still get the same problem!

Here is a link to the site:
www.tanistechnical.com/cb_test
Let me know if you need to access the backend.

Does everybody else see what I see? (i.e., the fields are all pushed over to the right when using Internet Explorer?)

This site is running on Dreamhost, on their MySQL Server etc. Is anybody else running SUCCESSFULLY on Dreamhost so I can rule them out as a source of the problem?

Thanks,
Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142807 by nant
kwoychesko wrote:

Okay, I installed a vanilla Joomla 1.5.20 (not even any sample starter data) on a brand new database, then immediately installed only the CB 1.2.3 comprofiler and login modules. No templates, add-ons, etc. Vanilla.

And I still get the same problem!

Here is a link to the site:
www.tanistechnical.com/cb_test
Let me know if you need to access the backend.

Does everybody else see what I see? (i.e., the fields are all pushed over to the right when using Internet Explorer?)

This site is running on Dreamhost, on their MySQL Server etc. Is anybody else running SUCCESSFULLY on Dreamhost so I can rule them out as a source of the problem?

Thanks,
Ken

I see it.
Looking back at post you neglected to mention that your are viewing with IE browser.

Things look ok when viewing with FF and get worse when viewing with IE CV (compatibility view on) and even worse with vanilla IE8.

Marked for investigation as #1999.

Thanks for reporting and sticking with issue.

Care to join the testing workgroup?
:whistle:

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/09/25 16:40

13 years 6 months ago #142810 by kwoychesko
nant wrote:

I see it.
Looking back at post you neglected to mention that your are viewing with IE browser.

Trying Firebug was a good suggestion: while doing that I noticed that the problem only appears with IE (Firefox and Chrome are okay!)

I mentioned it yesterday, but you're right I should've said so from the start.

Marked for investigation as #1999.

Thanks for reporting and sticking with issue.

Thanks for looking into it!

Care to join the testing workgroup?
:whistle:

Post edited by: nant, at: 2010/09/25 16:40

I've got a software QA/Validation background... I may be of some use. I don't get much time to play though but I'm happy to offer what help I can!

Thanks again for checking into this!
Ken

13 years 6 months ago #143212 by kwoychesko
Note: a workaround if anybody else is having this issue: if you enable the "Show login on registration page", the "Introduction Text for Registration" text appears properly above the Login and Registration boxes. The "Concluding Text for Registration" still causes problems as it appears in the confines of the Registration area.

13 years 3 months ago #150709 by jstec
I am having this exact same behavior and setting "Show login on registration page" to Yes also fixes it, but at the expense of having two login boxes side by side (one as the module displaying in the left column) which looks pretty silly. Switching IE8 to compatibility view also solves the problem for me, so I'm just going to put a note in the registration intro instructing IE users to do that if they are having the problem.

Where can I track #1999?

13 years 1 month ago #157339 by nant
forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/1999

Issue was closed because we could not reproduce with latest CB version.

If you can propose a way to reproduce on a clean Joomla 1.5.22 (or 1.6.1) website with CB 1.4, then we can reopen.

If you can please start a new thread giving precise information to reproduce.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn