Installing Base Module

13 years 4 months ago #147505 by kevingib
Installing Base Module was created by kevingib
Just signed up and downloaded the plan. When I attempt to install the Main Module I get the following error after trying to install the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_110-E.tgz file:
Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

I have tried 3 times and the error repeats each time. I opened the file to see if their is a actual .zip file as is in the documentation but the folders are all that exist.

What am I missing here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147506 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Installing Base Module
kevingib wrote:

Just signed up and downloaded the plan. When I attempt to install the Main Module I get the following error after trying to install the cbplug_CBSubs_MAIN_110-E.tgz file:
Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

I have tried 3 times and the error repeats each time. I opened the file to see if their is a actual .zip file as is in the documentation but the folders are all that exist.

What am I missing here?

You are missing the most basic item - you are attempting to install a CB Plugin (see name of package as it starts with cbplug) using the Joomla installer and of course you are getting a message from the Joomla installer that it cannot find a Joomla XML file in the package.

I strongly suggest you download the CBSubs documentation and read it as it will surely save you lots of time and frustration.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn