Allowed memory size exhausted?

10 years 11 months ago #226620 by Vorak
Allowed memory size exhausted? was created by Vorak
Hello,

I have been running Joomla 1.5 with CB (including CBSubs) for quite some time now, and without any problems. What I did initially, a few years ago, was duplicate my Joomla website in a sandbox environment (basically a sandbox subdomain which is password-protected). Now I decided it is time to update the Joomla software to 2.5, but before doing so I wanted to update my Community Builder.

Before updating Community Builder to the latest version on my live site, I wanted to try on my Sandbox site first. That is when I noticed this error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /opt/www/vs01014/web/sandbox.druidcircle.org/nod/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbmenu/cb.menu.php on line 717

This is very strange, because the sandbox website has not been in use by anyone - not even myself - for quite some time now. At the same time, my actual live site is working fine.
Additionally, I am able to go to the Joomla administration panel without a problem. I tried disabling "cbmenu" there but then the error occurs with another CB plugin instead. I hoped that updating CB to the latest version would fix this, and so I updated to version 1.9. But even though the update to 1.9 seems to have been successful, the problem still persists.

I already tried googling this problem, and everywhere I go I find the same answer: increase the memory limit. So I did, to 64 MB. No difference. I went even higher and higher, up to 512 MB, and still the problem remains the same.

Just to make sure, I placed a phpinfo.php file in my Joomla directory and there it says this for memory:

memory_limit 512M 512M

I really don't know what to do anymore now... I don't want to risk updating CB on my live site now until I have this problem fixed first, just to make sure I don't cause trouble on my live site without having a solution near at hand.

Can anyone please help me? Thank you! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226625 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Allowed memory size exhausted?
Nevermind, I just noticed that I had a "memory limit" plugin installed back in the day that I had completely forgotten about. Its setting was 32 MB which was clearly not sufficient, changing it up to 64 MB fixed the problem. So this issue is resolved :) Perhaps it can serve for others who once did the same thing and are looking for a solution as well lol.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn