[SOLVED] Search field not shown in user list

2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #326953 by mwink
Hi, I have a user list with fields from several tabs.
I selected several search fields. The fields are published and set to be searchable within CB > Field Management. They are text fields.
The problem is that search fields from 1 tab are shown, but from another tab not.
If I move the specific field to the other tab, it is shown for search.

I checked al settings.

The only difference I see, is that in the overview of tabs, for one tab "CB Core" is displayed as plugin. And for the other tab a "-" is shown.
But I can not find where to change this value ...

thanks for any help!

ps I use:
Joomla 3.10.3
CB 2.6.4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326956 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Search field not shown in user list
Not sure if this will help but you might want to have a look at tab Access Level. Check if the visible tab has the same Access Level with the non visible one.

2 years 5 months ago #326957 by mwink
Replied by mwink on topic Search field not shown in user list
Thanks - but access level same for both tabs! (public)

2 years 5 months ago #326970 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Search field not shown in user list
I am unable to reproduce your issue on our demo site.

'-' means it's a fields-only tab, no plugin for special functionality assigned to the tab, and that is independent of searching.

If you:
1. set Searchable in the field itself
2. selected the field in the Parameters - Search list of fieds in your user-list setting

The field should appear, if it is also visible in the user profile in the corresponding tab.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 5 months ago #326975 by mwink
Replied by mwink on topic Search field not shown in user list
Hi thanks for reply!

Your answer "if it is also visible in the user profile in the corresponding tab" triggered me.
Problem was that I was using CB Conditional on the tab ...
Problem solved, thanks!

2 years 5 months ago #326980 by beat
Great, thanks for sharing the solution with the community. Marking thread as solved! :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn