Some problems with cb login

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #152889 by astrogoal
Some problems with cb login was created by astrogoal
As i upgrade my cb version (one month ago) i discovered that some users cannot connect with their account becouse system can not regognize them. I writed to my users to try with other browser, so they solved.
I was very happy for my cb and so i thought that probably these users have problem with their browser. From a week, seems that other users have this problem. I asked him their browser version and i discover that some can't access also with firefox. Very strange. A user say me that he can access with anonymous surfing by firefox, but not with simple firefox. It is very strange. Also becouse i can't see this problem. The same account gives access to some browser, but no to others. So i can access and i write to my users that all is ok. But is'nt. A user write to me that can access from iphone, but not with pc. Others can access with firefox but not with explore. System don't recognize the existant user. The really problem is that i can access with all browser. So i have not any capacity to understand if is there a problem..
So i thought that is a browser problem and, in particular, that is a problem of COOKIES.
Does it is correct? How can i solve? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153002 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: Some problems with cb login
Can you tell us which Joomla version you are using?
Do you have any other Joomla or CB plugins installed? Even a faulty module displayed on your page could insert some script causing issues.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago #153031 by astrogoal
Replied by astrogoal on topic Re: Some problems with cb login
I don't think so for my situation. As i writed, i have this problem since i upgrade cb latest version. Until i have cb 1.2, i had not this problem. Also, as i writed, cb works fine. And display correctly module. On the other hand, i have not others modules.
I use joomla 1.5.22, but know i'm thinking that i have not update kunena to the latest version... in the meantime i will update. For now Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #153048 by cacauRio
Replied by cacauRio on topic Re: Some problems with cb login
I am having the same problem with a site that I made for an association.
The memberships and also the administrator couldn't enter in the reserved part.
The message that I get is:
Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

Before the upload, everything functioned.
Can you help me to figure out of what is going on.
Please, the association urge to have this working well!!!

thank you and best regards,
Claudia

The user list is not showing up in the public. I've put the filter like I read in the forum and the user list disappears also when the person is logged in too. Before, the list appeared.

Can you help me?
I'am using the CB 1.2.3 with the joomla 1.5.15.
I want to filter a list of the instructors from the others members of the site.
My site is www.taichixinyi.org.es
and you can enter in administration with the user: admin and the password girassol.
I want to know what I am doing wrong and how I ought to set the config.

Thank you,

13 years 2 months ago #153446 by cacauRio
Replied by cacauRio on topic Re: Some problems with cb login
I've solved almost now!!! I will test little more to make sure that it is really solved.

Here it goes:
CB has security checks, which rely on a unique generated string. This is designed to protect you and it requires 100% accuracy or the check will fail (and subsequently log the user out, which would clear their Joomla cookie). You can disable the spoof checking by editing plugin.foundation.php and changing _CB_SPOOFCHECKS define to 0 instead of 1.

This is at the ../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php

I will keep in touch if another thing happens to report the testing.

The user list is not showing up in the public. I've put the filter like I read in the forum and the user list disappears also when the person is logged in too. Before, the list appeared.

Can you help me?
I'am using the CB 1.2.3 with the joomla 1.5.15.
I want to filter a list of the instructors from the others members of the site.
My site is www.taichixinyi.org.es
and you can enter in administration with the user: admin and the password girassol.
I want to know what I am doing wrong and how I ought to set the config.

Thank you,

13 years 2 months ago #153857 by astrogoal
Replied by astrogoal on topic Re: Some problems with cb login

cacauRio wrote: I've solved almost now!!! I will test little more to make sure that it is really solved.

Here it goes:
CB has security checks, which rely on a unique generated string. This is designed to protect you and it requires 100% accuracy or the check will fail (and subsequently log the user out, which would clear their Joomla cookie). You can disable the spoof checking by editing plugin.foundation.php and changing _CB_SPOOFCHECKS define to 0 instead of 1.

This is at the ../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php

I will keep in touch if another thing happens to report the testing.

I thank you for your report and your solution. But i would know if some Cb expert member can say to us if this is the right solution (to change plugin.foundation.php) or there is a better (and more secure) solution....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.923 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn