Error

Please login first

CB Login Module Does not show on website front end

13 years 2 months ago #157094 by styxx
Hi

I have installed CB1.4 on a brand new Joomla 1.6.1 site as far as I can tell I followed all instuctions in the CB1.4_Installation guide.

Clearly I have missed something or misunderstood something as the module simply doesnt show up despite showing as published in the back end

Could anyone please give me some tips for getting this up and running ?

Linux server
Joomla 1.6.1
CB 1.4
PHP5x
Module doesnt show whether viewed in IE or Firefox
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #157097 by arxd
What template are you using for your site?
Try to load your site on the default template (for this test) and then check if you can view the "CB Login Module"
sometime it's a CSS issue.
Link to your site can help a lot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: styxx

13 years 2 months ago #157160 by styxx
Hi

Thanks for the response - I was using a 3rd party template. But I have tried switching to the 2 default templates and the login modual doesnt show up on either.

I kinda think this has to be somemthing I have done wrong but I cant really see what !

13 years 2 months ago #157185 by office_tramp
This is exactly what has happened to me. Jusst installed 1.4 on Joomla 1.6, and am using the default template. I have unpublished anything called 'login' that came with Joomla, and pulbished CB Login with public access and set it to appear on all pages, for now, but nothing appearing on the home page. What have I missed?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #157234 by arxd
Did you try different positions?
a link to your site can help...

13 years 2 months ago #157348 by styxx
I think you kinda hit the nail on the head - the origional login box was in position "menuload" so of course I unpublished it and publised the new modual there - and it wouldnt show no matter what I tried.

I now see NO moduals published to position "menuload" show up - but cb login (and others) seem to show fine if I publish them elsewhere.

So I dont really understand why but it seems only to be some positions that it wont show in.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn