All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192257 by Spaatz
Hello,

I have CB integrated with Kunena. I noticed a strange bug that I think is a CB issue and am hoping I can resolve.

It has to do with forum rankings.

Whenever a super user / administrator logs in and views a registered user's profile, it says that user is an administrator when they are not.

Kunena indicates that the user is a "fresh boarder" or new member and the user has only the user permissions they should have but, the profile of the user, when viewed by a super administrator in CB, says otherwise.

User permissions in Kunena, Joomla and CB are all set properly. I spent the last six hours checking it over with a fine tooth comb. It appears to just be a rendering issue.

I tried logging out and logging in as a registered user and when I do, it works fine. Viewing any user accurately reflects their proper forum role. It is only when I am logged in as an administrator or super user that this glitch appears.

I think that the user profile page of CB incorrectly displays the forum ranking of users when super users are logged in. It displays the ranking of the super user instead.

Any idea how to fix this so that I can see the proper status of a user by viewing their page instead of seeing all users as administrators?

Thanks for the help!

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaTsch

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #192258 by Spaatz
I am running CB 1.8, Kunena 1.7.2 and Joomla 2.5.1

12 years 1 month ago #192390 by Spaatz
I found another person with this same problem. No solution yet though. Any ideas on how to fix it? forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=698597&p=2753268#p2753268

12 years 1 month ago #192393 by dark_dragon
Replied by dark_dragon on topic Re: All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In

Spaatz wrote: I found another person with this same problem. No solution yet though. Any ideas on how to fix it? forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=698597&p=2753268#p2753268

I am getting the same thing, I am the one that posted on the Joomla site about it. I also noticed that not all users have "Administrator" Rank, it only seems to be users that have posted in the forums at least that's the way it is on my site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spaatz, MaTsch

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #192399 by Spaatz
Just noticed that CB also displays the forum ranks improperly in the User Lists as well. Again, only for the administrator that is logged in.

12 years 1 month ago #192430 by dark_dragon
Replied by dark_dragon on topic Re: All Users Show As Admin When Admin is Logged In
Still no solution for this?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn