Encrypted password substitution in mysql script using auto action plugin

7 years 8 months ago #283983 by dda01
In the past (using j2.5 and earlier cb and auto action plugin) I created two mysql scripts to send user registration and approval data from a primary site to a secondary site.

Using an auto action, mysql script one is triggered after user registration. It sends user, comprofiler, and user group table data from the primary site to the secondary site. Mysql script two is triggered on user approval (via the email sent from the primary site) and sets the user approval value in the secondary site’s user table. Everything worked fine.

I have been updating the fields and values in the first script to work with joomla 3 and cb 2.0.x (because the database fields have changed has changed) but I have found the password is being send to the secondary site unencrypted.

The first part of the first script is this:

INSERT INTO `*DATABSE`.`**_users` (
`id` ,`name` ,`username` ,`email` ,`password` ,`block` ,`sendEmail` ,`registerDate` ,`lastvisitDate` ,`activation` ,`params` ,`lastResetTime` ,`resetCount` ,`otpKey` ,`otep` ,`requireReset`
)

VALUES (
NULL , '[name]', '[username]', '[email]', '[cb:userdata field="password" /]', '[block]', '[sendEmail]', '[registerDate]', '[lastvisitDate]', '[activation]', '[params]', '[lastResetTime]', '[resetCount]', '[otpKey]', '[otep]', '[requireReset]'
);

In the past, in the VALUES section the cb substitution [cb:userdata field="password" /] successfully send the encrypted password. Now it sends the password unencrypted and I’m not sure why. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn