Force to change password

7 years 8 months ago #284026 by li_gordon
Force to change password was created by li_gordon
Initially I put this post under 'community builder 'bug'...but I think I might be asking it incorrectly...

I am using CB LOGIN for the menu item, I click on it, and I'm taken to the CB login screen...after I login, the system brings me to the 'joomla' edit password page'. BECAUSE I'm forcing these users to 'reset' their passwords...

So the question is...
1. In community Builder can I 'force' users to reset their passwords? If so, how do I do this?
2. fyi, I have imported 295 users into the system, and I set them to 'force password reset in joomla'.

I don't think this is a joomla question, but a question how I should be doing this using Community builder, and if it can be done...

Here is the post (since I think you removed it).
snag.gy/OeNiwk.jpg

I have set my user id - registered user to force to reset the password.

When I get to the reset password page (joomla), and I put in a password (it is a valid password). I keep getting the error on the top of the page:
Notice
You are required to reset your password before proceeding.

I checked at the 'field level' in community builder that the password is editable, but I don't see that option.

On the back end configuration (joomla user page):
snag.gy/ECjhqb.jpg

What am I missing?

It doesn't even look like you are using Community Builder.
Looks like you are just using Joomla features - if you have an issue with this you should post on the Joomla forums.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #284027 by li_gordon
Replied by li_gordon on topic Force to change password - CLOSED
I found on another topic, that currently Community Builder does not have the functionality to force password change. So this issue is closed.

Maybe it can be added as a feature request?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn