Hyphens in User List Names

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154545 by quantumgravity
Hyphens in User List Names was created by quantumgravity
I'm just posting this as an FYI that may help someone.

I'm not sure you can call this a bug, but I did have a problem when I used a list name like "Find A Lawyer - City". In a multi-page list, the pagination did not work properly. The URLs for Page 2 and beyond looked correct when you hovered a mouse pointer over them, with "%20" for spaces, etc. But whenever you clicked a link for a succeeding page of the list, the first page of the default list (a completely different list) would be served instead.

As soon as I eliminated the hyphen and kept the spaces, everything worked fine. I ended up substantially renaming the lists.

I don't expect a reply; just thought this might be of some use to someone else down the line.

Cheers, and thanks to CB for a great product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154555 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Hyphens in User List Names
Thanks a lot for the feedback and publishing a workaround to the community.

And indeed that looks like a combined bug between the SEF solution (which?) that you are using and possibly the router.php file of CB.

Which SEF solution (Joomla core SEF or which third party extension?) are you using ?

I also guess that this doesn't happen with SEF off ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: quantumgravity

13 years 2 months ago #154609 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Re: Hyphens in User List Names
Hi, Beat--

I'm using the Joomla core SEF. And you're right, this doesn't happen with SEF off.

That teaches me yet another thing I didn't know (there's a lot). I need to better understand SEF and what various extensions might do for me.

Thanks for answering!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 1 month ago #158241 by dmmontana
Replied by dmmontana on topic Re: Hyphens in User List Names
It's so awesome to come onto the forum and find the exact solution that you need. quantumgravity, thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I will pay it forward when I come up with something potentially helpful in the future.

13 years 1 month ago #158291 by quantumgravity
Replied by quantumgravity on topic Re: Hyphens in User List Names
Thanks, dmmontana, for making me feel good on a day when nothing much else did. And oddly, I'm from Montana...! (Yeah, that's probably not something the Forum needed to know.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn