"This profile does not exist or is no longer avail

13 years 3 weeks ago #155819 by BookemDanno
PHP Built on: Linux HS010.4UH.NET 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:52:25 EST 2011 x86_64
Database Version: 5.0.91-community
Database Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.14
Web Server: Apache mod_bwlimited/1.4
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT

Community builder 1.4

I have followed the instructions, I was even sure to make the madatory module set to public in the user menu. I also have Kunena Forum which appears to intigrate well, however if I click any link to any profile I get "This profile does not exist or is no longer available" message. I can edit etc, just not view. Even with accounts created with Community Builder. I've also used the tools to try and resovle this. I am building the site in a sub folder on the server would this effect anything??
The topic has been locked.
13 years 3 weeks ago #156244 by heyai
As far as I am aware there should be no problem when using Joomla in a subfolder as long as all directories and permissions are set correctly.
Do you have any SEF component installed or are you using Joomla SEF?
Do you get any error when turning on Joomla's error reporting / debug routine?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
13 years 3 weeks ago #156373 by davale06
i have the same problem i am using joomla sef. now when i go onto the page the url gives a error 500
13 years 3 weeks ago #156380 by heyai

davale06 wrote: i have the same problem i am using joomla sef. now when i go onto the page the url gives a error 500

heyai wrote: Do you have any SEF component installed or are you using Joomla SEF?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #158126 by sparkosis
PHP Built on: Linux diplomat.websitewelcome.com 2.6.34.6 #107 SMP Tue Mar 1 18:57:23 CST 2011 i686
Database Version: 5.1.52
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.15
Web Server: Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.6 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT
CB version 4.1

"This profile does not exist or is no longer available" when I click on user ID 62 from Userslist page. Link to user ID 63 works fine. If user ID 62 is logged in, the link works fine.

I synchronized users in CB Tools (multiple times), but the problem persists.
User Profile (mandatory!) link is set up and public. I put it on an enabled User Menu module that doesn't appear on any page. I tried showing the menu on pages, but it made no difference.

I've found that turning off Joomla SEF fixes the problem, but I don't want to leave it that way. So this must be the issue. Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard Sparks
Website Developer
www.sparksarts.com
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #158260 by stutteringp0et
Replied by stutteringp0et on topic Re: "This profile does not exist or is no longer avail

heyai wrote: Do you have any SEF component installed or are you using Joomla SEF?

Just wanted to insert my 2cents - having the same issue - when Joomla SEF is enabled, I get 500 errors too. happens on any CB component page (login, list, profile)

SEO settings all off - works ok
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login&Itemid=113

SEF URL's on - everything else off - "No input file specified" error - page stops - no debug output
/index.php/login

Use Apache mod_rewrite on, SEF URL's on, everything else off - 500 internal server error
/login

I didn't bother going any further.

This is a clean 1.6.1 install on PHP 5.2.17

update - a short while later:
Attempting to get some sort of useful error message, I enabled maximum error reporting in joomla global config and the problem went away! I then disabled maximum error reporting and it still works.

Some freaky stuff there, but that's what did it.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn