Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.4
PHP 5.2.6-1
Apache 2.0
OS Win Xp, 7, Ubuntu
Browser Firefox, IE, ...
SEF off or on
Joomla Cache on

For a while I tested Joomla Cache on our live site. It did boost performance nicely but there were two big downsides.
Users were semi-randomly logged out (was not able to investigate)
Users could see system messages for other users. This is not a huge problem in most parts, but after a user requests their password other users can see the system message containing others' mail address. See attached screenshot to see that it can even pile up O.o

New User Password created and sent to your email address mymailadress. Please check your email (and if needed your spambox too)!

I've installed a fresh Joomla with CB in a subdomain. Only change was turning Joomla cache on. I also tried Joomla's debug mode but the problem is not present when debug information is sent (guess enough information changes on pageload so Joomla doesn't use the cached file).

Try it yourself .. goto pg.hey-ai.com there are three dummy users (dummyx with email dummyx@aneiki.de - replace x with 1-3). Request new password and see if it show's you the message for a different dummyuser after a few tries. Now use a different browser or even a different computer ...

A quick fix would be to change the corresponding language string not to include the email address.
So is this coming from CB or Joomla.. and is there a way to disable caching of system messages? I'll happily hand you admin access if necessary.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn