1.7.1:Ajax checker runs during lost login recovery

12 years 5 months ago #181937 by chrisjclay
Hi,

I seem to have found another bug that I don't see mentioned in the forums. Also, I reproduced it on a second server with a fresh CB 1.7.1 installation.

1. Set Ajax Username checker to "Yes"

2. In the front end, click "Forgot login" in the cb login module.

3. Select the "Lost password" checkbox.

4. Enter a user name and hit tab, or click on the next field (i.e. email address) and you'll see the Ajax checker running (it runs forever...) See attached screen capture.

Similarly, if you set Ajax Email checker to the third option, "Yes, check for email not registered and for server..." then the checker can also be seen running underneath the email field.

The checkers don't seem to prevent a user from actually retrieving a user name or password (you can still submit the form), but I'm sure it will confuse people to see the site apparently "checking...." something indefinitely ;)

Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181938 by chrisjclay
For now, I hid them by adding some CSS to my template:
div#cb_lost_username_passwd_content div#checkemailResponse, div#cb_lost_username_passwd_content div#checkusernameResponse {
	display: none !important;
}

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

12 years 5 months ago #183201 by chrisjclay
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? Since I found it on two different CB 1.7.1 installations (one a fresh install), I'm pretty sure it's a bug.

Cheers,
Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

11 years 10 months ago #201949 by sinpa
Hi chris!

I have the same problem. have you solved it?
could you tell me what to do?
Thank you!

11 years 10 months ago #201999 by chrisjclay
Hi Sinpa,

If you look a few posts up, you'll see some CSS code that I used to hide the ajax checker. That was the only thing I could think of...

Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sinpa

11 years 10 months ago #202015 by sinpa
Thank you chris

yes, I have used your solution this mornig and worked well. I just asked you to know if you have found another solution.

In "joomlapolis.com" the checker works well without css. Maybe we both are making something wrong, but I can´t see what it is.

If I discover it I´ll tell you.

Thanks, bye!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn