Error in back end Configuration. Causing the tabs to be red and changes not savi

2 years 5 months ago #327148 by GODpleasers
Error in back end Configuration. Causing the tabs to be red and changes not saving.Also doing the same on the demo site.

Come worship Jesus with us..
GOD Speaks internet radio- :-) - GOOD :-) - Music that employs life, deliverance, & restoration - COMPLETE :-)
godspeaksinternetradio.com/
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #327150 by charlynancy
It seems that a file from the Joomlapolis server is needed for this to work. I believe the missing remote file is not loading due to a failure on the server. I'm curious which part is from the server and which is missing.

2 years 5 months ago #327151 by beat
Thanks for the heads-up!

Fixed, it was a issue server-side due to a configuration change a few hours ago!

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlynancy

2 years 5 months ago #327152 by charlynancy
Thanks for solving the problem.
Would it be possible to know which file is necessary for the community builder configuration to be editable?
I didn't know that Community Builder needed the Joomlapolis server to be running.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327155 by beat
Community Builder does not need the Joomlapolis server for running.

The only uses are:
1. In admin panel and configuration for checking and displaying if there is an updeate, as you noticed, and
2. if you go to Plugin Management / Install and Update, and then go to the "Install from web" tab to install add-ons or updates directly from Joomlapolis.

You can turn on or off any or all of those in CB Configuration / Integrations and set the interval of checking, and you can set a site key (that you can get from your user profile on Joomlapolis) for installation and update of professional/developer add-ons:

- Version Checking
- Plugin Version and Build Release Checking
- Install from Web
- Install from Web Site Key

The CB Configuration is stored in the database, so no file needs to be writable for configuring CB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlynancy

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327156 by charlynancy
Thank you very much for all these precisions.
Maybe we could improve all the valuable update functions. Because last night, we could no longer save any modification to the configuration (save button inaccessible). And when we clicked on cancel, the page that was displayed was this one:
htt ...: //......joomlapolis.com/administrator

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn