The CB Arabic Plugin doesn't work correctly.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #151597 by karimlo
I am running Joomla 1.5.22
I am using Youjoomla Template.
The website main language is Arabic. The website content is showing fine, great and wonderful.
Since we need a registration with more customizable fields, I installed Community Builder. I also installed the Arabic Plugin.

All the CB section is displaying the characters as ????? Question marks.

I went ahead and changed all the database tables of Comprofiler to utf8_unicode

The problem remains the same.

I cannot use the registration form as all the title items show up as question marks.

What is the problem and how do I solve this issue?

Thank you for your help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #152760 by karimlo
Please guys. Can anybody help? This post was published more than a week ago. No help nor good reaction was posted. Can anybody orient me to fix this "question mark" issue for the Arabic plugin?
I am trying to use the registration in Arabic and customize the fields, what makes CB really useful and helpful.
But if no help is provided, one makes it hard to rely on CB for any serious project.

Thanks for your help!

13 years 1 month ago #152767 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Re: The CB Arabic Plugin doesn't work correctly.
if utf8_unicode is the default character encoding for Arfbic language, and your mysql db server has it as its default collation, then you may want to check if the Arabic plug-in files are saved in the same character encoding.

i'd also advise you contact the author of that particular Arabic CB language plug-in with your character issue.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

13 years 1 month ago #152795 by karimlo
Thanks Alex2010,
Believe me I have tried it all as this is a serious project I am working on. And the deadline is coming on me like an express train.
I tired the owner he seems busy, too.
I am really screwed.
I have no clue what to do now.

13 years 1 month ago #152796 by karimlo
I think, I am just going to get rid of CB and get to hacking Joomla core to customize the registration. I have done it before. I just hate to do that... But I guess I have to now since this plugin has just ruined this project.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #152799 by AlexSmirnov
Replied by AlexSmirnov on topic Re: The CB Arabic Plugin doesn't work correctly.
well, you be the boss.

it seems to me your only routes out of this stalemate is either produce your own CB Arabic language plug-in (may take you somewhere in the area of 8 to 12 hours) or check if you can construct your custom registration form via any of the available at JED CCKs, like K2 or jSeblod.

see yourself where your priorities lie.

AkeebaBackup.RU - безопасность Вашего Community Builder
Не тратьте свое и мое время впустую, - личные сообщения, отправленные без моего приглашения, удаляются без чтения.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn