Listing Order upset by "some action", and wrong wording on top of the lists.

7 years 11 months ago #281833 by Ake66
Using CB 2.0.14 on Joomla 3.5.1.

I have made some 15 lists of various complexity, filtrering and sorting our 150 members in various ways.

The majority of the lists are presented in creation order, but a few late lists have been moved closer to the top of the list of lista after creation.
Somehow this action (?) created two lists with the same Ordering number. So I corrected that in the database (I believe that the Ordering number is unrelated to anything else, so that I could just enter the correct Ordering numbers to replace the old ones.

However, now I have again two list with the same Ordering number. I have two lists numbered "1" (followed by lists "2,3,4, etc.). No back end rearranging seems to be able to correct the situation.

I currently have no idea about how the Ordering numbers become equal for two lists, but that seems to be a bug. And since it happened twice (in 15 lists) it is not a "one in a million" case. There seems to be some logic error when renumbering the order of lists. (Maybe the logic tries to set a zero or negative number on the new top list and fails?)

If the error situation is hard to find, Some check could be made when rearranging (if the next list has the same number, increase it by one and check the next in sequence too)

While at it. The Swedish text on the top of the list states something in line with "MySite.com has nnnn registered members", which is wrongly put for any filtered list. It should be rephrased to something like "ThisList currently contains nnnn persons/items".

I tried to Override the text, but it could not be found.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282087 by villy
I can provide help for your second question..
Related constant is SITENAME_HAS_TOTAL_REGISTERED_MEMBERS and you can find it at: \components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language\default_language\language.php

As for your problem with order of lists I will try in my end and come back if I find solution.

EDIT
For language override please see video tutorial

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn