[SOLVED] Problems with CB Subs Upgrade

13 years 4 months ago #148699 by Romello
Hello Forum,

I recently upgraded to CB 1.3.O and had no problems. However when I upgraded to the latest version of CB Subs it created several problems on our site.

1. We have several profile types and for some reason, on the admin profile only...cb subs is including all fields from several profile types on this admin profile.

2. It is not correctly provisioning the tabs on the profile pages. For example on the profile page there are extra tabs...And when I check the provisioning in the field manager...the provisioning is set correct.

A. It is not possible for me to remove these tabs by changing the cb subs field settings.

3. It also seems to have caused a problem with GroupJive. After the upgrade, I cannot open the GroupJive thumbnails.

4. When I run cb tools it gives this error report:

Warning: 5 entries in Community Builder comprofiler_field_values link back to fields of wrong fieldtype.

fieldvalueid=1074 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1073 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1072 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1071 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1070 fieldtype=text

This one can be fixed in SQL using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

5. I saw in the forum that there were a few bug fixes so I upgraded to CBSubs 1.1.2 hoping that this would solve the problem... But it does not help.

Please advise,

Romello

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/27 14:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #148709 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problems with CB Subs Upgrade
Romello wrote:

Hello Forum,

I recently upgraded to CB 1.3.O and had no problems. However when I upgraded to the latest version of CB Subs it created several problems on our site.

1. We have several profile types and for some reason, on the admin profile only...cb subs is including all fields from several profile types on this admin profile.

Please define what you mean by profile type.

2. It is not correctly provisioning the tabs on the profile pages. For example on the profile page there are extra tabs...And when I check the provisioning in the field manager...the provisioning is set correct.

Are you referring to the use of the CBSubs tab/field protect integration plugin?

A. It is not possible for me to remove these tabs by changing the cb subs field settings.

I don't understand the issue/problem.

3. It also seems to have caused a problem with GroupJive. After the upgrade, I cannot open the GroupJive thumbnails.

I doubt upgrading CBSubs has anything to do with this - what version of GJ are you using?

4. When I run cb tools it gives this error report:

Warning: 5 entries in Community Builder comprofiler_field_values link back to fields of wrong fieldtype.

fieldvalueid=1074 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1073 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1072 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1071 fieldtype=text

fieldvalueid=1070 fieldtype=text

This one can be fixed in SQL using a tool like phpMyAdmin.

This problem most likely existed before the CB upgrade - you just never ran the tools perhaps to see it. Fixing this means removing the relevant rows in the table.

5. I saw in the forum that there were a few bug fixes so I upgraded to CBSubs 1.1.2 hoping that this would solve the problem... But it does not help.

Please advise,

Romello

Yes CBSubs 1.1.2 fixes the bugs identified in the first discussion post of the article.

I am still not sure what your issue really is - perhaps you can elaborate on the questions above.

13 years 3 months ago #148920 by Romello
Replied by Romello on topic Re:Problems with CB Subs Upgrade
Hello Nant,

Thank you for your reply. I have studied the problems a little more and hopefully I can explain it to you better now.

After the CBSubs upgrades these are the main problems.

1. CB Profiles -

A. When you're NOT logged in... the Tabs and fields display correctly.

B. However, when you're logged in the tabs and fields display incorrectly.

For example: On our profile pages we have a tab called "info." When you're NOT logged in this info tab displays correct and has about 10 fields.

However, when you login ...this same tab incorrectly displays about 20 fields... extra fields are added from other profile types that we've created.

2. CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Tab CB Subs preferences
is not correctly provisioning the tabs and fields.

When have used CB Subs to create different Profile types. So a friend profile has one set of tabs and fields...A musician profile has another set, etc.

A. The problem here is that after the upgrade to CBSubs 1.1.1 this tab field provisioning is not working correctly.

B. For example: we have a tab called videos... If I only want this on musicians profile it is no longer possible. Changing these settings in CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect, does not remove or add this tab.

As I mentioned before every thing was working perfectly before I upgraded to CB Subs 1.1.1.

Joomla 1.5.22
CB 1.3
CBSubs 1.1.2

If necessary I can send screenshots to a pm so that you can see the issues.

After working for many months we were close to our first public beta. We urgently need help with this.

Thanks,

Romello

13 years 3 months ago #148925 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Problems with CB Subs Upgrade
Please explain how you are creating different profile types?

13 years 3 months ago #148929 by Romello
Replied by Romello on topic Re:Problems with CB Subs Upgrade
I created different profile types by creating different plans and then assigning different tabs and fields to each newly created plan.

The upgrade to CB Subs 1.1.2 does not solve this issue.

Regards,

Romello

Post edited by: Romello, at: 2010/12/17 13:24

13 years 3 months ago #148954 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Problems with CB Subs Upgrade
When upgrading please ensure you're not just upgrading the main plan. Please ensure the Joomla bot and the integrations are also upgraded.

Have you tried enabled Detailed mode when protecting a tab or field? Seams like a configuration issue. Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn