[SOLVED] "Description of plan" not translated in CBSubs

13 years 2 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #149629 by erichburkhard
Hi all - I have installed CBSubs 1.1.2 / CB1.3.1 and Joomla 1.5.22. My site is bilingual (german / english)and therefore I have installed the corresponding language plugins for cb and cbsubs as well. The problem arises when I want to translate the field "Description of plan" (presentation tab). Therefore I inserted the necessary translations into the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsgerman/german.php and also into the file /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/cbpaidsubscriptionsenglish/english.php .... Into the field "Description of plan" I entered the lefthand side of the translation string --> effect: the string was not translated. As a test I put the same lefthand side string into the field "Name of plan:" ....and this worked... so I think there has to be a bug with this field - can you confirm this ? - Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #149650 by krileon
This typically happens if the exact value is not translated. Please view the SOURCE of the description and copy/paste all of its content followed by translating. Usually there's a <br /> or surrounding <p></p> elements that are not included in the translation string.

I suggest using JCE and clicking the Show/hide source button and writing your descriptions directly to the source so it will be a straight string.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #165376 by sentix
Another hint:

check if the translation file is really saved as UTF-8 ;-)

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn