Group not being assigned after Paypal payment

13 years 1 month ago #153231 by kkowal
I have a free "registered" plan, and a paid "full access" plan to my site. When I test subscribing to the FUll ACCESS group, it goes to Paypal, takes the money, comes back with all successful messages, and then it assigns the group "registered" to the user instead of the "full access" group. I've read the forums (the Paypal email is the same as the buyer email....I've also read the documentation numerous times with no success.....anybody encounter this?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153259 by heyai
Please offer some additional information, like the version of your installed software (Joomla, CB, CBSubs, ...) and your configuration setting for that plan.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153346 by kkowal
Okay I'm attaching a word file which contain all config details and screen shots.

Thanks for any help you (or anyone else) can provide.

Daniel

Having a tough time attaching the file....I'll try again.

PHP Built on: Linux box389.bluehost.com 2.6.32-28.6.BHsmp #1 SMP Tue Feb 1 16:38:24 MST 2011 x86_64
Database Version: 5.1.47-community-log
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.16
Web Server: Apache
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.18 Stable [ wojmamni ama wojnaiki ] 27-May-2010 18:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Community Builder V1.3.1
CBSUBS V1.1.2

13 years 1 month ago #153551 by krileon
Please ensure for your plan you've configured User Group: under Subscribers User access level settings on the Access tab of your plan; this determines what group to place the user in based on subscription. Please also include if your Paid plan is a Child plan of your Free plan or not and if your Free plan is assigning users to a group as well. If so, please remove its (free plan) group assignment and test again.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167277 by msaflund
I'm moving this entry to Potential Bug (1.2)
============================================

I'm experiencing problems with group assignment too.

Groups:
-Registered
--Author
--Customer
---Entrepreneur
---Investor

Plans and group assignments:
Member -> - (default)
Entrepreneur -> Entrepreneur
Investor -> Investor

As posted earlier today, I cannot get the CBSubs Plan to assign new users to the group set in Plans->Access->"User Group" setting. Users are always assigned the default, "Registered".

CBSubs 1.2, GJ 2.3, CB 1.4, J 1.6

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn