[#2319] openSSL and curl are installed but...

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153896 by snims
Recently installed CBSubs and I'm excited to start using it. I do realize that openSSL/curl are not required if say my client ends up using the standard PayPal gateway for subscription payments, however I'm a little confused as to why CBSubs is reporting that neither are installed.

--- All of this: ---
fsockopen is available
PHP version is 5.3.5
PHP openSSL module not available:see PHP manual page for OpenSSL module
openSSL application library not available or not configured. Link for OpenSSL application library: www.openssl.org.See also PHP manual page for configuring OpenSSL module
--- or this: ---
curl executable not available or not configured. Link for download: curl.haxx.se/download.html.
--- should all be green for posts to payment gateways to be operating encrypted via HTTPS/SSL (on most gateways, it will still be working, but without encryption, which is less secure): ---

However, output from php -i | grep openssl:
Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--srcdir=../php-5.3.5' '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc/php' '--localstatedir=/var' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php/conf.d' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--disable-debug' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-static' '--enable-shared' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--without-pear' '--disable-cgi' '--with-readline' '--enable-pcntl' '--enable-bcmath=shared' '--enable-calendar=shared' '--enable-dba=shared' '--enable-exif=shared' '--enable-ftp=shared' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-intl=shared' '--enable-json=shared' '--enable-mbregex' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-pdo' '--enable-phar=shared' '--enable-posix=shared' '--enable-session' '--enable-shmop=shared' '--enable-soap=shared' '--enable-sockets=shared' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-sysvmsg=shared' '--enable-sysvsem=shared' '--enable-sysvshm=shared' '--enable-xml' '--enable-zip=shared' '--with-bz2=shared' '--with-curl=shared' '--with-db4=/usr' '--with-enchant=shared,/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-gd=shared' '--with-gdbm=shared' '--with-gettext=shared' '--with-gmp=shared' '--with-iconv=shared' '--with-icu-dir=/usr' '--with-imap-ssl=shared' '--with-imap=shared' '--with-jpeg-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-ldap=shared' '--with-ldap-sasl' '--with-mcrypt=shared' '--with-mhash' '--with-mssql=shared' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' '--with-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-mysqli=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-openssl=shared' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared,mysqlnd' '--with-pdo-odbc=shared,unixODBC,/usr' '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' '--with-png-dir=shared,/usr' '--with-pspell=shared' '--with-regex=php' '--with-snmp=shared' '--with-sqlite3=shared,/usr' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-tidy=shared' '--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr' '--with-xmlrpc=shared' '--with-xsl=shared' '--with-zlib' '--without-db2' '--without-db3'
Not sure why it reads '--with-openssl=shared' instead of the /usr/bin/openssl location however. Note that running "php -i | grep curl" produces the same output (it's all one line in the file) and looks the same as openssl, '--with-curl=shared'. When I run /usr/bin/openssl from a terminal a new prompt appears looking like this:
OpenSSL>
Typing in "version" and hitting enter returns "OpenSSL 1.0.0c 2 Dec 2010"

Also checking my nginx configuration, it was compiled with openSSL support.

As for curl, running curl --version:
curl 7.21.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.21.3 OpenSSL/1.0.0c zlib/1.2.5
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp 
Features: IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz
For reference:

Output of uname -a:
Linux McArchy 2.6.35.7-linode29 #1 SMP Wed Oct 13 19:06:43 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5130 @ 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Output of nginx -v:
nginx version: nginx/0.8.54
Output of php -v:
PHP 5.3.5 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jan  6 2011 07:33:54) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.0.6, Copyright (c) 2002-2011, by ionCube Ltd.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153914 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: openSSL and curl are installed but...
Was able to confirm your issue. It seams to be related again to PHP 5.3.5. Have created a bug ticket to further address the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #166522 by beat
Can you please try executing following php code in a test.php from your browser on your server ?:
<?php
echo ' fsockopen callable: ' . ( is_callable( 'fsockopen' ) ? 'yes' : 'no' );
echo ' openssl extension loaded: ' . ( extension_loaded( 'openssl' ) ? 'yes' : 'no' );
echo ' OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT defined: ' . ( defined( 'OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT' ) ?  'yes, version: ' . OPENSSL_VERSION_TEXT : 'no' );

echo ' is_executable function exists: ' . ( function_exists('is_executable') ? 'yes' : 'no' );
echo ' and curl is in: ' . ( is_executable( '/usr/bin/curl' ) ? '/usr/bin/curl' : is_executable( '/usr/local/bin/curl' ) ? '/usr/local/bin/curl' : is_executable( 'curl' ) ? 'curl' : 'No curl executable in standard locations!!!' );

?>

That's how CBSubs determined that openssl and fsockopen OR curl were really installed and usable (not in your case).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn