[#2489] Subscribers User access level settings -> J1.6 ?

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #161015 by alienfouine
Hello,

I have a potential issue regarding the "Subscribers User access level settings".

I configured this field to "author" for my plans, but subscribers of the plan are still "registered"... they are not swithing to "author".

I am using CB 1.4, CB Subs 1.1.2 and Joomla 1.6.1.

Is it a bug ? or a problem coming from me ?

Maxime

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161087 by alienfouine
I made some test on my local server (wamp) with 1.5.22: it is working as expected.

My problem is only with Joomla 1.6.1.
And I really need it...

Is someone using this feature on J1.6 ?

Maxime

12 years 11 months ago #161133 by krileon
Known issue, currently setting usergroup and controlling article access is not yet J1.6 ready. Have created a bug ticket to keep track of this issue. You could try doing this using direct database queries and changing usergroup in _users as well as inserting a new row for the user in the usergroups map table if this is needed urgently and can't wait for next release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #161325 by alienfouine
I did not find information about it in the forum, that is why I asked. Sorry about the "known issue".

Thank you very much for your answer and your solution. I would be able to manage the SQL queries.

12 years 11 months ago #161578 by krileon
Currently to give a user a new usergroup you could use the below queries. Please note this is not a very wise approach as adjusting ACL should be done very sparingly and through API, but currently there are issues with doing so via CBSubs in J1.6. Please make a backup and test very thoroughly.
DELETE FROM `#__user_usergroup_map` WHERE `user_id` = [user_id] AND `group_id` = [gid];
INSERT IGNORE INTO `#__user_usergroup_map` ( `user_id`, `group_id` ) VALUES ( [user_id], GROUP_ID_HERE );
UPDATE `#__users` SET `usertype` = 'GROUP_TITLE_HERE' WHERE `id` = [user_id];

The above first deletes their existing group. Once done it inserts the new group then updates the user row with the new type. You need to supply GROUP_ID_HERE and GROUP_TITLE_HERE, which can both be found in the database table _usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #163253 by alienfouine
Hello Krileon,

Thank you for those data.

This solution is working perfectly for "already" registered users who subscribe.
But, I can not make it work for subscription within the "registration form".

Maybe the "[user_id]" can not be used as it is not known yet in the registration form.
Is that right ?

It would be a pity because I want all my new members to get a mandatory trial subscription.

Maxime

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn