[SOLVED] HTML in Welcome Email

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #151205 by porlhews
[SOLVED] HTML in Welcome Email was created by porlhews
Hi All,

Firstly thanks for a brilliant component - stunning, simply stunning!

I'm running CB 1.3.1 on Joomla 1.5.22. I've set the welcome email message up so that it send my newly confirmed users a lovely message which includes their particulars for logging into the site.

I'd like to customise this email a little and include some images through the use of html. I've tried pasting some html into the appropriate field of the Registration tab, but to no avail. I've also looked at using the Auto Welcome plugin, but this doesn't seem to do what I'm after either.

Please can you advise me on how to go about this?

Kind regards,

Paul Hughes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151209 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: HTML in Welcome Email
The Welcome and Pending emails are setup by default not to allow HTML. We've plans to add a parameter to allow selecting if the email should send with HTML support or not in a future release. For the time being you can make the following core edit to force the email to use HTML.

IN: administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php
ON: Line 867
$cbNotification->sendFromSystem( $user, implode( ', ', $msg['emailUserSubject'] ), implode( '\n\n', $msg['emailUserMessage'] ) );
TO:
$cbNotification->sendFromSystem( $user, implode( ', ', $msg['emailUserSubject'] ), implode( '\n\n', $msg['emailUserMessage'] ), true, 1 );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151216 by porlhews
Replied by porlhews on topic Re: HTML in Welcome Email
Hi,

Thanks for that - worked exactly as I wanted it to.

I've got a new issue now though - in my email I include the [DETAILS] tag which then processes the email as:

Email : me@example.com Username : MYUSERNAME Password : MYPASSWORD

Before each of these occupied seperate lines, but now I've introduced HTML they're all on one line. I've tried using the [USERNAME] and [PASSWORD] tags, but the password one refuses to process.

Any thoughts? Can I introduce a few <br> into the [DETAILS] script somewhere?

13 years 3 months ago #151263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: HTML in Welcome Email
Appears you'll need to edit the function _getUserDetails inside of comprofiler.class.php and change all \n to <br /> as appears the \n linebreaks are hardcoded and do not translate to <br /> when HTML mode is used (again, we've not yet implemented HTML support for Welcome and Pending emails). Please note being core edits you will lose all your changes upon upgrading CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #151291 by porlhews
Replied by porlhews on topic Re: HTML in Welcome Email
That's excellent - thanks for the help. Worked a charm.

Appreciate hacks to the core will be written over on updates, I'll just have to keep on hacking it till HTML emails are supported.

What a fantastic product CB really is! How is it not core to Joomla?

13 years 3 months ago #151298 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: HTML in Welcome Email

porlhews wrote: That's excellent - thanks for the help. Worked a charm.

Appreciate hacks to the core will be written over on updates, I'll just have to keep on hacking it till HTML emails are supported.

What a fantastic product CB really is! How is it not core to Joomla?

Thanks for your kind words - make a big difference to us to have people chime in and pat us on the back.

Sometime we get such reviews also on our JED listing (maybe not often enough ...):

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/communities/210

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn