CB emails incubator project

13 years 1 month ago #157237 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: CB emails incubator project
Good, I try to explain better then. Suppose a user, for example, must do the review of his car every year on March 20; in the user profile will be a field with value 20 march (2011 ?). Now the sistem should automatically send an e-mail to that user that reminds him this deadline every year.

This is just a little example of what I need, I need this and other kind of fields to send automaticcally emails according to specific fields data stored.

Is this possible with CB emails?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157257 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB emails incubator project
Yes this is possible, but again it needs to be done off a trigger. For example if it's with the on after login trigger. The user would need to login, it would check the field, if the condition is met, it'd send the email. It will NOT email the user in advance and it also will NOT check if the user should get an email if they don't fulfill the trigger (such as login). It will not work for an auto-reminder to email in advance. You should use cron jobs or newsletter extension for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157292 by deltafidesign
Replied by deltafidesign on topic Re: CB emails incubator project
The fact is that I have multple users with different values of same field, so how can I send newsletters according to a field value automatically?

13 years 1 month ago #157396 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB emails incubator project
With a CRON job, this isn't really a task for PHP. PHP doesn't sit and run in a continuous loop unless something imitates it. You could use CB Emails, but something needs to execute the CB trigger you're using. You could use after login so it'd check if the user should receive an email soon as they login, but that's almost pointless as they logged in so are probably aware of what the email contains, etc..

Your best bet and likely only reliable solution is to use CRON, which can be query based to check the database and compare the date fields value to whatever you need it compared to.

You can also check Joomla.org for some possible solution, but again if is PHP it would need to be initiated. Most do a check everytime the Joomla site is visited then fires emails if necessary.. so as long as there's at least 1 active user that'd be an acceptable PHP solution, but that's a bit of heavy work on every page load making CRON that much more attractive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn