Upload to Joomla

13 years 1 month ago #157650 by codge1960
Upload to Joomla was created by codge1960
I have uploaded CB 1.4 to my hosting account (on GoDaddy) but cannot see the component in my Joomla website's admin area. I used Filezilla FTP as uploading through the Extentions Manager failed every time I tried (which the CB instruction manual says can happen).

I am a novice web designer so have very little technical skills.

Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I need to switch something on?

I have another site which CB 1.2 works perfectly with but my new site is using Joomla 1.6.

Many thanks,

Colin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Upload to Joomla
Uploading directly through FTP does not install an extension. Please review your documentation for installation instructions. You did not provide what error you're seeing when the install fails by normal means. Joomla 1.6 and 1.5 are quite different, from install procedures to ACL a lot has changed. You may need to enable (or disable) FTP usage within Joomlas site configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #157859 by codge1960
Replied by codge1960 on topic Re: Upload to Joomla
When I attempt to upload the com_comprofiler.zip via the Joomla extentions manager, after about 2 mins I get the message: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

In your instructions manual it suggests the host (Godaddy) might be timing-out.

I have looked at the FTP configuration in the site admin and it is OFF. I tried turning it on but I am not clear as to what info to enter in the following fields:

FTP Host:
FTP Port:
FTP Username:
FTP Password:
FTP Root:

I am assuming Username and Password are the ones GoDaddy provided but I have tried several things in the other fields but they are not accepted. Do I need the have my local FTP open and connected to GoDaddy for this to work?

13 years 1 month ago #157863 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Upload to Joomla

codge1960 wrote: When I attempt to upload the com_comprofiler.zip via the Joomla extentions manager, after about 2 mins I get the message: There was an error uploading this file to the server.

In your instructions manual it suggests the host (Godaddy) might be timing-out.

I have looked at the FTP configuration in the site admin and it is OFF. I tried turning it on but I am not clear as to what info to enter in the following fields:

FTP Host:
FTP Port:
FTP Username:
FTP Password:
FTP Root:

I am assuming Username and Password are the ones GoDaddy provided but I have tried several things in the other fields but they are not accepted. Do I need the have my local FTP open and connected to GoDaddy for this to work?

The instructions in the install document and the readme text files = all part of the distribution package identify an issue with hosts that have their php upload file size parameter set to 2M. The cb component is more more than 2M.

Please read these notes and see if this is your issue.

13 years 1 month ago #157982 by STUCKSHUTTER
Replied by STUCKSHUTTER on topic Updating to 1.4 Unable to find install error redux
I too am having the same problem with installing the 1.4 version. I get the same error:
"* There was an error uploading this file to the server. Unable to find install package"

I have unzipped the file so that's not it, I am installing the com_comprofiler.zip file.
I have checked the php file size limit. The configuration reports: Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 64M
I have 64M for memory available.
The message comes back within 4 or 5 seconds.
I use Hostgator and normally, no problems with anything.

Having read the thread and suggestions, I'm out of ideas, any suggestions on what can be doing this or what to change?

Thanks,
Stuckshutter

13 years 1 month ago #157988 by krileon
You can use the following incubator project to test your actual maximum memory limit. Often PHP info reports false values.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/inc-phpmemtest?jump=welcome

Please check your server error log (contact host if unsure how) for any errors pertaining to the time frame you attempted to install at.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn