Facebook connect kills the whole site

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157819 by chiwiz
Please help. I created a new site and installed CB and cb facebook 1.1

Everything worked well except any logins from FB did not have access to create articles or weblinks. Tried changing permissions through all options in the back end but none wouls grant access to FB login, yet all CB site members all had normal access.

I read this forum to say that the new release of plug_cbfbc_1.3 would fix problems. I upgraded and published but the plugin caused some conflict that completely disabled the site.

error message: Fatal error: Class 'Facebook' not found in /home//components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.php on line 678

When I disabled the plugin I got back control of the site. I have tried everything I can think of but the constant is whenever the plugin is enabled, the site is disabled. Turn off the plugin and the site comes back.

I have searched the forum but cannot find anyone with the same problem. Could somebody please advise me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157862 by nant
Do you have anything else installed that could be loading its own Facebook API library?

13 years 1 month ago #157922 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook connect kills the whole site
Try disabling no conflict mode in the plugins parameters. You likely have something that's loading only HALF of Facebooks API (why?), which if no conflict mode is on it will not load FBCs PHP library. Will add another check to just cause the plugin to fail instead of kicking a fatal error.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158019 by chiwiz
Replied by chiwiz on topic Re: Facebook connect kills the whole site
It's a brand new installation and this is the first api I have installed, so no chance of another api conflicting.

I tried all I could think of but no other conflicts except the fb plugin.

I deleted the 1.3 version and re-installed my previous 1.1 version. I had to re-enter the FB details and hey presto it works.

It has even fixed the original problem and now allows me to enter via facebook and have editing priveleges in submit article and weblinks, which wouldn't work before.

Hard to understand, because it is all a fresh install, but seems like a real problem with 1.3 at least on this site.

Many thanks for your assistance.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #158054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook connect kills the whole site
Don't know what to tell you, sounds like a failed upgrade or something of the sort. I could not duplicate your scenario. Setting no conflict to disabled would cause the PHP library to always include and unless it's missing it would find the class, which if was missing you'd receive a fatal error regarding not being able to find it. Have tested on 3 installs, 1 being fresh with just Joomla + CB + FBC 1.3 and is working fine.

Please also edit the plugin and see if the cURL and JSON checks are green, otherwise if red you do not have the required cURL and JSON PHP extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn