Profile Book Issue - Access Rights

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #193805 by ukdomain
Profile Book Issue - Access Rights was created by ukdomain
I have added the Profile Book tab to my Community Builder.
I have two user groups, with seperate access rights enabling what tabs the user can see.
e.g Registerd members cant see the Profile Book tab at all. Profile Book is only available to subscribed members only.

My issue is Subscribed members who view registered members profiles can see a ProfileBook tab and write on it even though the registered member does not have access to this tab.

Can you advise me how I can prevent Subscribed members seeing the Profile Book Tab on a registered members profile? I'm using Joomla 2.5.2

I do not want the Profile Book tab available to everyone, I only want this tab to be viewable and editable to Subscribing members only.

Thank You

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 weeks ago #193851 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Profile Book Issue - Access Rights

Can you advise me how I can prevent Subscribed members seeing the Profile Book Tab on a registered members profile? I'm using Joomla 2.5.2
I do not want the Profile Book tab available to everyone, I only want this tab to be viewable and editable to Subscribing members only.

Are you using CB Conditionals yet? If not, it will allow you to conditionally hide/show tabs, etc based on field values.

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
Attachments:

12 years 2 weeks ago #193864 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Profile Book Issue - Access Rights
Edit the tab in Tab Management and set its access to whatever usergroup or accesslevle you want. This controls edit-ability and view-ability.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn