[SOLVED] cb activation email not working

12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #195205 by ischotsm
I am using joomla 2.5.3 and cb builder 1.8. We can't get the activation email working. We can register, receive email, click on the link. But when logging in it doesn't work. Message: Your registration process is not yet completed...

All other registrations / logins are not active.

Any solution? :angry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 days ago #195206 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: cb activation email not working
Do you have registration approval enabled? Please check the user within CB > User Management and provide what their current statuses are (approved, confirmed, blocked). See CB > Configuration > Registration to confirm if approval is being used. You'll need the CB Workflows (moderator) module installed (included with CB 1.8 package) to approve users from frontend.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 days ago #195216 by ischotsm
Replied by ischotsm on topic Re: cb activation email not working
Do you have registration approval enabled? Yes, user is enabled but not activated.
Require email confirmation is set to Yes.
The CB Workflow is installed and published under general module manager (not in CB menu).
These settings seems to be ok to me.

12 years 5 days ago #195309 by krileon
What is the full message you see on-screen after trying to login? It appears to be working perfectly fine as you've configured it. Once a user confirms their email address you must then approve the user via the CB Workflow module or from backend. Alternatively you can disable registration approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 days ago #195329 by ischotsm
Replied by ischotsm on topic Re: cb activation email not working
This is the complete message:(when I login)

Your registration process is not yet complete! Please check again your email for further instructions that have just been resent. If you don't find the email, check your spam-box. Make sure that your email account options are not set to immediately delete spam. If that was the case, just try logging in again to receive a new instructions email.

Is there any setting for CB Workflow?

12 years 5 days ago #195334 by krileon
Ah, the user needs to click the confirmation link in the email they should've received. You need to also ensure your menu link to CB is public and published or this likely will probably fail. Please see your CB documentation for proper configuration instructions.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ischotsm

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn