Moderator Email List

13 years 3 weeks ago #155900 by WebMuse
Moderator Email List was created by WebMuse
Instead of needing to authorize everyone registered as a usertype of Administrator or Super Administrator to be moderators, it would be very useful to be able to enter a list of email addresses, or select CB users who would be authorized as CB Moderators.

Thanks,
WebMuse

WebMuse G

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #155933 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic Re: Moderator Email List
well, if your chosen users are already in admin or super admin, then you could simply go the users table via phpMyAdmin and run an SQL statement: UPDATE `jos_users` SET `sendEmail` = 1 WHERE `gid` = 24 OR `gid` = 25
This will make all your admin-superadmin users moderators.
[you might want to check in your jos_core_acl_aro_groups table that 24 and 25 are the correct id's; they are the default values]

If you want to be selective about which admin/suoerasmin users you upgrade or you want to upgrade your chosen users from a lower usergroup, then you could edit the 'users' table by checking all the users you want to be moderators, choose the 'edit all checked' option (the pencil at the bottom) and set the 'gid' field to 24 or 25 {admin or super admin) and the 'sendEmail' field to 1. That would do it - you have to edit each record but they're all there on the one screen ...

13 years 3 weeks ago #156038 by WebMuse
Replied by WebMuse on topic Re: Moderator Email List
Thanks for this suggestion as an alternative. The author of CB Profile Notifier has updated his plugin to allow the sending of the email at user registration, so we can use it instead of the built-in CB email -- note that we really want all the field values entered by the user to be included in the email, and this is what this plugin provides.

I still would like to see this on the wishlist for a future update.

Thanks

WebMuse G

13 years 3 weeks ago #156050 by WebMuse
Replied by WebMuse on topic Re: Moderator Email List
I'm confused.

I just checked the values in jos_users.

Even though the CB settings value for "Send Moderators Email" is set to "NO", the jos_users field sendEmail value is 1 for every SuperAdministrator. I think the jos_users value is set by system-wide Globals.

What I want, is the ability to specify specific users who would receive CB moderator emails saying there is something that needs their attention inside of CB, distinct from the rest of the system, and for only this user list to be authorized to access the CB admin functions.

Need is low at this time as the immediate challenge has been solved via a cb plugin.

Thanks!

WebMuse G

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn