Community Builder registration redirect

11 years 9 months ago #204443 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Hi Coltonalton,

Like andrex143 I posted which code need changing in the core files.

However, I would like to amend my previous response to say don't do core edits as this can all be done with Auto Actions.

I have got my site setup that when a "un-authorised" user visits a page they are redirected to the registration page with the url of the last page appended to the url as the variable "return".

In the Auto Actions plugin I created a before registration action to check if the url contains the return variable if it does it saves it to the session.
Then after registration another action firsts logs the new user in and then checks if the return is set in the session and if it is it you get redirected back to page you were not able to access in the first place.
If there is no return url set then the redirect takes the user to the profile edit page instead. (But you can set to whatever you want).

Even if you do not need as much flexibility as above just a simple redirect after registration can be done with Auto Actions.

Hope this helps but give me a shout if you want me to post examples of my Auto Actions.

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #204497 by coltonalton
Replied by coltonalton on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Mike, thanks for the info. I purchased the Professional license and now have the auto actions plugin. Quick question, which auto action do I use? My guess is that I use the "Redirect" as the action type. The question is where do I specify what page I want the user redirected to? Please let me know if I can redirect users to a specific page after registration using the auto action or do I need something else to do that?

Thanks again!

C

ducks_mrd wrote: Hi Coltonalton,

Like andrex143 I posted which code need changing in the core files.

However, I would like to amend my previous response to say don't do core edits as this can all be done with Auto Actions.

I have got my site setup that when a "un-authorised" user visits a page they are redirected to the registration page with the url of the last page appended to the url as the variable "return".

In the Auto Actions plugin I created a before registration action to check if the url contains the return variable if it does it saves it to the session.
Then after registration another action firsts logs the new user in and then checks if the return is set in the session and if it is it you get redirected back to page you were not able to access in the first place.
If there is no return url set then the redirect takes the user to the profile edit page instead. (But you can set to whatever you want).

Even if you do not need as much flexibility as above just a simple redirect after registration can be done with Auto Actions.

Hope this helps but give me a shout if you want me to post examples of my Auto Actions.

Mike

11 years 9 months ago #204498 by ducks_mrd
Replied by ducks_mrd on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
Hi coltonalton,

Yes the redirect action is the one you want for a basic redirect.

When you click to create a new action the page will update as you complete each textbox, eventually asking for the redirect url.

Your basic settings would be:
type: redirect
trigger: onAfterUserRegistration (select AfterRegistration in the dropsown).
user: automatic
access: everybody
conditional: "leave blank"
redirect action url: "your url"
message: you can add a message to the user if your template supports messages.
exclude: "leave blank"

Hope this helps.

Mike

11 years 3 weeks ago #223650 by KillerSurfLinks
Replied by KillerSurfLinks on topic Re: Community Builder registration redirect
THIS HELPED A LOT!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn