Expandable Tabs => code inside

12 years 1 day ago #198597 by Roland
Expandable Tabs => code inside was created by Roland
Hello,

first: The new CB Core Fields Ajax is great Krileon!!! :woohoo: It's one thing that gives me a little bit hope that CB will improve the UI ;-)

And therefore two suggestions:

1. Expandable Tabs: Possibility to choose from backend an expandable style (like divs). Every Tab has an X and only the header is shown. After clicking on the X the complete Tab is shown. I published the code therefore here: www.joomlaportal.de/webseiten-feedback/235507-qualit-tsmanagementportal-2.html#post1144894

2. Connections on profile view: Insert ID's for the div's in order to hide some things. I for example want that only the picture of the connection were shown. At the moment this is only possible with a hack. If you have div-id's for every row you can define per CSS what is shown and whot not.

This both are small things that would be great to find in a next small release...

Greetings, Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #210411 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Expandable Tabs => code inside
Thanks for the suggestions.

The second wish is already possible now in your template using CSS3. It will work in all modern browsers :) :
css-tricks.com/how-nth-child-works/

First wish (collapsable pannel) is possible in a CB template with a few lines of jQuery and CSS too. I saw a custom template doing that. Many solutions exist without plugins too, here is just one of them:
www.darreningram.net/pages/examples/jQuery/CollapsiblePanelPlugin.aspx

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roland

11 years 7 months ago #210436 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Re: Expandable Tabs => code inside
Hello Beat,

thanks for the answer.

You are right - there are more ways to do that. One is to build a own template.

But I think it would be nice to have that feature in all templates and so place this code in the core...

At the moment I had it as hack on my site... But after every update you have to modify all files again...

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

11 years 7 months ago #210437 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Expandable Tabs => code inside
Until it's in CB 2.0 core, you can add that CSS to your site template, that way, it stays at upgrades and is not a hack ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn