Feature Request - Portrait / Avatar Enhancements

10 years 4 months ago #237682 by gjschaller
Our community makes HEAVY use of Avatars as a part of our website - because there's several hundred people who meet up in person, having a snapshot of yourself as you Portrait is very important in helping people be recognized and identified in person.

I'd like to suggest the following improvements to the Portrait feature of the CB component:

For the User side (front-end):
* The option to sort pictures by Newest, Oldest, and File Name (So in a group of 400+ images, it's easier to find them).
* The option to display the file name under the image (so you can do a Find and find it on the page easily).

For the Admin side (back-end):
* The option to sort pictures by Newest, Oldest, and File Name.
* The option to display the file name under the image (so you can do a Find and find it on the page easily).
* The option to rename the image file, while still keeping it for any users that have selected it. (i.e. - if I correct a misspelling in someone's Portrait name, it shouldn't break the user's profile).

Thank you, very much!

Geoffrey Schaller
Technical Officer
www.knightrealms.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247711 by sylvanr
I don't get why the CB avatar/image functionality is so weak? I tried JomSocial and EasySocial too but they each had their own problems. I have tried just about every photo gallery extension, module and plug-in that's compatible with CB and none gives me the functionality I need. Community Builder provides an "image" field type that I use quite a bit in the site I am setting up.

In Facebook, there is a Profile Pics album. When you upload a pic for your profile/avatar pic, that pic goes into the Profile Pics album. If you upload a second pic, the first pic is not deleted. You can have as many pics in the Profile Pics album as you want. With CB, each time you upload a new Profile pic, the old one has to be deleted. I am looking for a way around this.

In my site, I use the multiple instances of the "image" field type. In the user profile I have designed on my site, besides the users own profile pic, I have a image field for the spouse as well as others. I would like all of these images in the CB image field type to be accessible in albums. I have tried CB Gallery which adds a tab that allows the user to set up a photo gallery but does not integrate with the CB image fields! I have tried HWD MediaShare, Joomgallery, Paid Gallery Anywhere, Plug_cb_media, Simple Image Gallery Extended, Photogallery for CB, and Simgallery among others. Nothing seems to give me the functionality that I need- to integrate with the CB image field type fields I have implemented in the users profile.

I have also looked for photo gallery html code. It just seems to me that it should not be this difficult to organize the images uploaded in the image field type into albums or galleries?? I am desperate for somebody to point me in the right direction or just tell me I am beating my head against a brick wall and what I am asking for is impossible?? It just seems like there should be a plug in or something that would display the end user's pics uploaded in the CB "image" or "avatar" field type???? And not ALL users... Just the individual user's pics.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn