Comprehensive Site for Doctors Travelling to Austr

16 years 8 months ago #41665 by TheFlyingKiwi
Travelling Doctors is the online community for Overseas Doctors living and working in Australia. Every year several thousands of doctors come from abroad to work in Australia and most have the same questions, concerns and requirements! As such, Travelling Doctors has become the central focal point for this community... and guess what - IT'S JOOMLA!!! B) CB is the very core of our site and our community is currently growing at a rate of 40% per month!

Website URL: www.travellingdoctors.com - please use this link (so as not to dilute the stats) www.travellingdoctors.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=300&Itemid=523

Template: JA_Xenia

Additional Extensions (Components, Modules, Plug ins):
Community Builder
with:
-CB Autowelcome (brilliant - very very useful)
-UddeIM

Simpleboard Forum
with:
- jbdiscussbot

Docman, Image Rotator, EWeather, Extended Ratings, Joomap, GMaps, Zoom Media Gallery

Custom Development:
The majority of hacks are regarding the language files. CB has had certain icons removed but on the whole - it runs "out of the box"

The website is huge - over 200 pages. It has been 1 year in the planning and nearly 4 months in development. I would love to know what you think of appearance, navigation and general ease of use. There is an issue with speed which we are working on and I would be grateful for any suggestions.

I am not a website developer but "grown" into a Joomla'ite. Without Joomla, I could never have afforded to have such a comprehensive website.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.857 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn