How do I specify a list in a menu? And more...

13 years 3 weeks ago #156084 by fribse2011
Brand new to CB, so I need some help.

This is J1.6.

1) I want to make a menu item that points to a specific list in CB.
How do I do that?

2) Can I relate a dropdown field in CB to specific groups in J1.6? So that if the user selects a specific field, it is made part of the group in J1.6?

3) How do I change the profile layout of CB? I can see there a lot of themes?

4) I want to migrate from our php-fusion site to J1.6 with CB. When I import the users (and all the other stuff) some fields that I've created in CB are of course missing. I've marked these fields as required. But if I then log in as one of these 'bad' users, I see a lot of errors on the page, and it then denies the login. Can I somehow redirect these 'bad' users to the CB profile, so that they are forced to complete the profile?

Thanks
Fribse

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156112 by heyai
1. At least in J1.5 this is easy: Create a new menu item and choose internal link - Community Builder - Users-list where you can input the ID of the list you want to link to. I Imagine this is similar in J1.6
2. Not sure what you are asking, sorry.
3. You can arrange the tabs and fields which the profile pages are made of in various manners. You can also change the theme or the CSS directly.
4. There is a parameter for redirection on first login in CB, I thought this was set to redirect the user to their profile by default? Anyway, there should not be any errors present simply because of missing field information. Can you further describe your errors?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 3 weeks ago #156126 by fribse2011

heyai wrote: 1. At least in J1.5 this is easy: Create a new menu item and choose internal link - Community Builder - Users-list where you can input the ID of the list you want to link to. I Imagine this is similar in J1.6

In J 1.6 I can choose 'comprofiler' -> 'Users list'.
But when I get there I don't see any ID entry field???

heyai wrote: 2. Not sure what you are asking, sorry.

In J1.6 you can define extra user groups and extra levels. The only reason I'm trying to use J1.6. I want to have a drop down list in CB where users can give info.
Based on that info I give access to different kinds of items. It's not a part of security or anything (because the user can select it themselves), it's merely an extra service.
So the idea is, if they select a value in the drop down list, they get joined to a group, and based on that I give a specific item or another available.

heyai wrote: 3. You can arrange the tabs and fields which the profile pages are made of in various manners. You can also change the theme or the CSS directly.

But WHERE do I do that, I think I've run through all the CB fields 10 times, and can't find a place to give the theme.

heyai wrote: 4. There is a parameter for redirection on first login in CB, I thought this was set to redirect the user to their profile by default? Anyway, there should not be any errors present simply because of missing field information. Can you further describe your errors?

I've just created an ordinary user directly in joomla. But I just figured it out, it was because I didn't have the users 'synced', doing that solved it. They still do not get force to fill in their profile. But at least no errors.

Best regards
Fribse

13 years 3 weeks ago #156346 by fribse2011
1) I figured out how I reference a specific list, I use the URL shown at the top of the list, and make a menu item to point to external URL, that works.

3) I still haven't found anywhere to set which theme is used, I must be blind.

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn