#3313 Adding users through the administrator

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #192866 by webhelio
I just want to allow administrators to add users to Community Builder from within the administrator backend. Is this not possible? There is no setting I can find anywhere that allows an administrator to register users on their own from the backend. Am I missing something? Why would only Super Users be allowed this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #192910 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: Adding users through the administrator
Thought this was a good question -
Took a look in the backend and in CB Configuration there's a setting to allow CB Moderators to 'Edit' existing users but nothing that let's them add a user.
I searched the JED and found this which looks interesting:

Add User Frontend (Non-Commercial GPL)
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/user-management/13753

Haven't personally tried it but it might be helpful but as always use at your own risk and backup your db :)

* Note to mods: I'm not affiliated in any way with the above link.

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.

12 years 2 months ago #192965 by nant

webhelio wrote: I just want to allow administrators to add users to Community Builder from within the administrator backend. Is this not possible? There is no setting I can find anywhere that allows an administrator to register users on their own from the backend. Am I missing something? Why would only Super Users be allowed this?

With Joomla 2.5 and CB 1.8, you should be able to configure this.

12 years 2 months ago #193072 by webhelio
Replied by webhelio on topic Re: Adding users through the administrator
Uh, thanks? I mean I have 2.5 and 1.8 up and running and I still see nothing (In Community Builder) that would lead me to believe I can allow an 'administrator' to add users through the backend. Perhaps I'm just not as wise as you on this, would you mind elaborating on this please? (meaning, tell me how)

12 years 2 months ago #193088 by nant

webhelio wrote: Uh, thanks? I mean I have 2.5 and 1.8 up and running and I still see nothing (In Community Builder) that would lead me to believe I can allow an 'administrator' to add users through the backend. Perhaps I'm just not as wise as you on this, would you mind elaborating on this please? (meaning, tell me how)

CB User Manager, just like Joomla User manager, have an options icon.

Suggest you study and look at joomla documentation for usage.

12 years 2 months ago #193114 by webhelio
Replied by webhelio on topic Re: Adding users through the administrator
Nope there's nothing in the "options" icon that says an Administrator can add new users in the backend of Community Builder. I had looked there already anyway. If you know how to do it, you know what I need to do, why not just describe in detail what to do rather than send these cryptic messages? I truly don't get it... call it hand holding, but neither you nor I have time for this back and forth if you know how to do it can you please just share with me and the rest of the world that may want to know? We are all of the understanding that you are probably way more versed with Joomla and obviously CB... I am versed in other languages, sorry.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn