#3313 Adding users through the administrator

12 years 2 months ago #193115 by webhelio
Replied by webhelio on topic Re: Adding users through the administrator
Hey.. seriously I'm not trying to be an impatient bug. I just can't get away from the error:

You cannot save a registered. Only higher-level users... bla bla bla

I have a client waiting on this, and has been since I posted this message. Again not trying to be impatient, but it is really bugging me that you know how to accomplish this and won't post the exact instructions. You've pointed me somewhere twice, both places I've already been as I'm not a newbie programmers, I've searched high and low. PLEASE HELP?! I've been a long-term user of CB and will continue to remain loyal. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #193117 by webhelio
And what I really don't get... why is there a "NEW" button even allowed to be clicked on, if I can't actually create a new user?! This makes no sense either. If there's a functioning new button, I fill out the registrant form, and I don't find out until I hit save... what's the deal there? As a programmer I see this as really mis-leading.

12 years 2 months ago #193161 by nant
Hmm, CB User Manager should automatically take the same user permissions as Joomla user manager.

This means that if as an Administrator you can add new users to Joomla user manager, you should be able to do the same with CB User manager.

However, I just did a quick test and see an issue.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3313

12 years 2 months ago #193198 by webhelio
nant, thanks so much for your help.. I don't feel quite as stupid as I did a day or two ago knowing there's a bug. I'll keep checking back the bug link, but as far as timeline are you familiar with this and do you have any guess on when they might look into this one? Thanks again.

12 years 2 months ago #193230 by nant

webhelio wrote: nant, thanks so much for your help.. I don't feel quite as stupid as I did a day or two ago knowing there's a bug. I'll keep checking back the bug link, but as far as timeline are you familiar with this and do you have any guess on when they might look into this one? Thanks again.

Subscribe to forge ticket to stay informed with progress.

Sometimes patches are contributed that you can use.

12 years 2 months ago #193255 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn