CB registration form sends automated password to email

9 years 5 months ago #251676 by Mattie22
Im running a CB registration form through sc_login. Each time a new user enters a new password the CB registration form sends an automated generated password to the users email account. I am trying to switch this off. Ive gone to Community builder > configuration > registration > Generate Registration Passwords > set to no and it still sends an automated generated password. I want the user to be able to use his own password that he entered into the password field. Urgent help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #251690 by nant

Mattie22 wrote: Im running a CB registration form through sc_login. Each time a new user enters a new password the CB registration form sends an automated generated password to the users email account. I am trying to switch this off. Ive gone to Community builder > configuration > registration > Generate Registration Passwords > set to no and it still sends an automated generated password. I want the user to be able to use his own password that he entered into the password field. Urgent help.

what is sc_login?
what joomla version?
what cb version?
Exact steps to replicate?

9 years 5 months ago #251735 by Mattie22
sc_login is a login module that community builder integrates with. Joomla version is 3.2.4 , cb version is 2.0. When a user enters a password into the password field I want the user to be able to use that password to enter the site instead of getting an automated password sent to the users email.

9 years 5 months ago #251743 by Mattie22
Another problem, once logged in as a user, I can not change the password for my user account that I registered with through the CB registration form. Any suggestions?

9 years 5 months ago #251745 by Mattie22
After registration on the CB registration form I get this message

"Your password has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Please check your email (including your spambox). When you receive your password you will then be able to log in"

which is the functionality I dont want. I want the functionality that produces this message

"Registration Complete!You may now log in."

The user also cannot change his user password. When changing it in the edit profile are it doesnt work. Any suggestions would be appreciated

9 years 5 months ago #251746 by nant

Mattie22 wrote: sc_login is a login module that community builder integrates with. Joomla version is 3.2.4 , cb version is 2.0. When a user enters a password into the password field I want the user to be able to use that password to enter the site instead of getting an automated password sent to the users email.

Once again, I am not aware of what this sc_login module is - CB 2.0 has the CB_login module that should be used.

If you install CB 2.0.1 for the first time on a Joomla 3.3.3 site, then users do get to fill in their desired password during the registration process.

So if you are seeing something different it means that you have made configuration changes or something else you installed if causing this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.509 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn